Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 734
Registered: ‎02-01-2012
0

Question for PenFed card holders

I am still in the first month of usage on my PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa. I have put a few purchases on the card from Gas Stations that were not "PAID AT THE PUMP" as a little experiment to see if it still gets the 5%. And to tell you the truth, I am a little anxious to know and don't want to wait. 

 

Has anyone crunched the numbers on this with purchases from gas stations that are not "PAID AT THE PUMP"? What was the result? 5% or not?

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Established Contributor
Posts: 528
Registered: ‎08-05-2009
0

Re: Question for PenFed card holders


ztnjpv wrote:

I am still in the first month of usage on my PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa. I have put a few purchases on the card from Gas Stations that were not "PAID AT THE PUMP" as a little experiment to see if it still gets the 5%. And to tell you the truth, I am a little anxious to know and don't want to wait. 

 

Has anyone crunched the numbers on this with purchases from gas stations that are not "PAID AT THE PUMP"? What was the result? 5% or not?


Like it says.  "Paid At The Pump". Otherwise, you get 1% if paid inside. I know this from experience. The reason I think they do this is to prevent you from racking up 5% on cigs, soda, chips, beer, etc.

Mine- Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / DW's- I'm AU on most- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / Citi Simplicity MC $4.4K / GE Lowes $10K / GE CareCredit $5K
myFico Scores as of 10/03/2014
Equifax 798 / Experian 811 / TransUnion 814
Valued Contributor
Posts: 3,096
Registered: ‎01-26-2012
0

Re: Question for PenFed card holders


OnTheRebound wrote:

ztnjpv wrote:

I am still in the first month of usage on my PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa. I have put a few purchases on the card from Gas Stations that were not "PAID AT THE PUMP" as a little experiment to see if it still gets the 5%. And to tell you the truth, I am a little anxious to know and don't want to wait. 

 

Has anyone crunched the numbers on this with purchases from gas stations that are not "PAID AT THE PUMP"? What was the result? 5% or not?


Like it says.  "Paid At The Pump". Otherwise, you get 1% if paid inside. I know this from experience. The reason I think they do this is to prevent you from racking up 5% on cigs, soda, chips, beer, etc.


+1
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,960
Registered: ‎08-13-2007
0

Re: Question for PenFed card holders


Crashem wrote:

OnTheRebound wrote:

ztnjpv wrote:

I am still in the first month of usage on my PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa. I have put a few purchases on the card from Gas Stations that were not "PAID AT THE PUMP" as a little experiment to see if it still gets the 5%. And to tell you the truth, I am a little anxious to know and don't want to wait. 

 

Has anyone crunched the numbers on this with purchases from gas stations that are not "PAID AT THE PUMP"? What was the result? 5% or not?


Like it says.  "Paid At The Pump". Otherwise, you get 1% if paid inside. I know this from experience. The reason I think they do this is to prevent you from racking up 5% on cigs, soda, chips, beer, etc.


+1

+2

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Highlighted
Established Contributor
Posts: 734
Registered: ‎02-01-2012
0

Re: Question for PenFed card holders

OK. Thanks. Wasn't sure if someone tried and found out that many gas stations somehow don't distinguish in their merchant codes between payinf inside or at the pump. I'll avoid using the PenFed inside.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.