Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for all DCU credit card holders

tag
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Question for all DCU credit card holders

I'm ashamed to ask this but I recently got a DCU platinum card and deposited the minimum into checking, since I dont use them for my direct deposit I cant seem to find a way to pay my credit card. I sent a SM and got an equally confusing answer back so,

For everyone who has a DCU credit card that doesn't pay it from DCU checking; how do you pay your credit card bill?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Question for all DCU credit card holders

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

I'm ashamed to ask this but I recently got a DCU platinum card and deposited the minimum into checking, since I dont use them for my direct deposit I cant seem to find a way to pay my credit card. I sent a SM and got an equally confusing answer back so,

For everyone who has a DCU credit card that doesn't pay it from DCU checking; how do you pay your credit card bill?

you can mail the payment or make your payment in any shared branch

Message 2 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

DCU CashEdge external transfers are free if DCU is the reciver.

It's a two step process but it's not a big deal for me to shuffle around money when needed if the other manual versions aren't appealing (and I refuse to stuff envelopes and live in S. Cali these days), and you may be able to push payments from Chase / BOFA / et al's bill payment center.

        
Message 3 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 13
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

I tried to push a payment from Chase and Amex (bluebird) with no luck, they cant find it in their system so it states they will mail a check on my behalf. Dont want to risk it and would love to do all this electronicly

Message 5 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

Duh!  Forgot about bill pay. Smiley Sad

Lexie... do you still use pony express for your payments?  Please tell me it isn't so!  LOL

Message 6 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Duh!  Forgot about bill pay. Smiley Sad

Lexie... do you still use pony express for your payments?  Please tell me it isn't so!  LOL

Haha! No...I use the lenders website for payments.  In DCUs case, a shared branch is less than 5 minutes from me.  

Message 7 of 13
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Sorry just saw this....here is how I pay....without going anywhere..... First sign up for online deposit....it is free, then that allows you to scan or take a photo with your phone of the check from any bank you want to pay your DCU CC from. Second when that check is deposited into your free checking or savings account from DCU you can pay your CC with a transfer from your savings or checking into your CC...kind of a couple of steps but pretty painless (and you only register for online deposit once). Hope that helps.

Message 8 of 13
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

Sorry just saw this....here is how I pay....without going anywhere..... First sign up for online deposit....it is free, then that allows you to scan or take a photo with your phone of the check from any bank you want to pay your DCU CC from. Second when that check is deposited into your free checking or savings account from DCU you can pay your CC with a transfer from your savings or checking into your CC...kind of a couple of steps but pretty painless (and you only register for online deposit once). Hope that helps.

That does help a lot thanks! I ending up finding a local partner CU and paying in branch (couldn't find any non bluebird checks!)

Message 9 of 13
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Not trying to start a flame, but with my very limited experiences, DCU is not convenient in a lot of ways, at least to me. I am thinking to close it next year. I opened checking and savings accounts with them just for the free EQ FICO score. Smiley Indifferent

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.