Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for the board?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question for the board?

i'm brand new on here today.  it looks like a lot of helpful people on here.  so here's my question.

i filed chapter 13 BK in 2004, i'm currently still paying on it until december.  i will then be debt free.
the other day i applied for a WaMu credit card from a pre-approval.  i was shocked when they approved me for $3500 and 0% until november.
my credit scores range from 585 TU, > 631 EQ.

what is the best way for me too get my scores higher?
-charge on my new credit card and pay in full every month?

i'm not sure what to do, and what to expect when i'm finally discharged from my BK.  will my score go up then?

thanks for any advice
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
granny031350
Established Contributor

Re: Question for the board?

congratulations on being almost done with your chapter 13.  I am only a couple months away from completing mine as well.  The best way to increase your score is to pay on time of course and keep the utilization that reports to your credit at or below 10 percent.  I am curious if you received this offer in the mail?  I get nothing in the mail and now my scores are over 600 for the first time in years.  I would like to get this card as well but am unsure as to what bureau they pull (my equifax is at 646 as of today) and when I went to the site, it said it was only for customers of wamu.  Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question for the board?

i get a lot of offers in the mail for some reason.  i alway's throw them away, but i opened this one and decided to apply.  but instead of sending it back in the mail, i went to www.getmyvisa.com, i had to put in my reference # from the letter though.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.