Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for those have asked for APR reductions from Citi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question for those have asked for APR reductions from Citi

Just was approved for my second Citi AA Platinum card (first one will be closed soon) and I was given an APR of 18.74% even though they gave my score as 810.  The first and current AA card has an APR of 14.74%.  No idea why they gave me 4% higher on the new one.

My question is how long after you received the card we're you able to get APR reductions.  To prevent posts that say why worry about your APR if you won't carry a balance (I won't), this is more of a irritation to me that I want to deal with and see if I can get the APR  reduced to what I have  on my first card.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Question for those have asked for APR reductions from Citi

While we didn't ask for APR reductions on my wife's Citi card until years after they rate jacked her, I've been active in several of the APR reduction threads and I have seen people having luck asking soon after card opening.  Not Citi, but may worth mentioning that with Amex I immediately hopped on chat after applying for my SPG card since the computer gave me 17.74% instead of the lowest 15.74% at the time on that one (was odd since my two charge cards' P.O.T. and my Blue revolver were both 15s) - they were happy to lower it immediately.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question for those have asked for APR reductions from Citi

@K-in-Boston wrote:

While we didn't ask for APR reductions on my wife's Citi card until years after they rate jacked her, I've been active in several of the APR reduction threads and I have seen people having luck asking soon after card opening.  Not Citi, but may worth mentioning that with Amex I immediately hopped on chat after applying for my SPG card since the computer gave me 17.74% instead of the lowest 15.74% at the time on that one (was odd since my two charge cards' P.O.T. and my Blue revolver were both 15s) - they were happy to lower it immediately.

Thanks for the reply.  Guess I will hit them up now.  Really irritates me about the 4% difference.  Ugh

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.