Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for those that have the Citi AA card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question for those that have the Citi AA card

How long after you met the spend requirement did the miles show up on your AA account?  My first statement was on 4/21 and I was given the 50K+ miles on my Citi account but they have not shown up on my AAdvantage account so curious as to when I should expect them to show up there.  They'll go well with the other 50K I have there from the Barclays card.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Question for those that have the Citi AA card

@Anonymous wrote:

How long after you met the spend requirement did the miles show up on your AA account?  My first statement was on 4/21 and I was given the 50K+ miles on my Citi account but they have not shown up on my AAdvantage account so curious as to when I should expect them to show up there.  They'll go well with the other 50K I have there from the Barclays card.

I don't recall how long it took. What I do recall though was that it was a somewhat long wait and I called in at one point to find out what was going on. Maybe two cycles? 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't recall how long it took. What I do recall though was that it was a somewhat long wait and I called in at one point to find out what was going on. Maybe two cycles? 

Thanks for the quick reply.  Guess I'll just have to wait though patience isn't one of my virtues.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

In my case, it posted after the second statement cut.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In my case, it posted after the second statement cut.

Thanks Mia.  My 2nd one is coming up so hopefully it will do the same for me.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine said 51k points earned when the statement cut and then I saw it in AA account within 1-2 days. Did you see it post on Citi's side, just not AA's? Or it didn't show up on Citi's yet? If not definitely next statement.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Mine said 51k points earned when the statement cut and then I saw it in AA account within 1-2 days. Did you see it post on Citi's side, just not AA's? Or it didn't show up on Citi's yet? If not definitely next statement.

It posted on my Citi account about three weeks ago but has not made it to the AA account 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This was my experience as well. Both with Barclays and Citi the miles that I've earned that statement post on the aa.com side within about 48 hours. My Citi AA bonus posted the next day after my statement closed.

Is it possible that Barclays and Citi are posting the miles to different accounts? It's annoying because now neither Citi nor Barclays prints the AAdvantage number on their statements or in their web interfaces, so you can't really compare them to each other. Barclays used to when it was a US Airways Dividend number, but after they switched to Aviators the AAdvantage number is not visible or it's buried somewhere.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It posted on my Citi account about three weeks ago but has not made it to the AA account 

Then you should have them already. Very strange. You typed in correct account number?

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Then you should have them already. Very strange. You typed in correct account number?

Yup, correct account number.as far as I remember.  If I try to track it by email address it goes to the AA account that has the miles transferred from USAir and the ones I just earned from a flightl  Guess I'll have to call someone, just not sure whether that should be AA or Citi.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.