Frequent Contributor
peepers

Question for those who got an AMEX Optima

So I paid amex in full, and got my Optima card today.

New account number and member since 2013.

I have read where for some it doesnt show as a new tradeline on credit reports. However I dont see how this wont.

And now Im afraid this will not only hurt my AAoA (prev amex was 1999) but that Ive shot myself in foot as I was under impression banks dont like to see new tradelines opened within a year of mortgage shopping. We had planned for next spring.

Has anyone had luck getting these to show as an older account? Or should I not activate it? Ugh... Advice anyone? Thanks!
AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $10,000 | Amex BCP $6,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Cap1 $2000 | Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)

10% util on NFCU, 25% util on Discover, zero on rest, 6% overall. MyFICO: TU 803, EQ 797 EX 798 Discover TU FICO 803. Rebuilt from 500's....gardening until mortgage time

Valued Contributor
tntexans72

Re: Question for those who got an AMEX Optima

[ Edited ]

Just curious....was the account CO?

Did you make 1 payment or were you on the installment plan when you paid it off?

How difficult was it to get the optima card after you made the final payment?

You should activate if you want to be back in the Amex family eventually.

But you can't app for a new Amex until you closed your optima account.

From what I read, Amex don't backdate on the optima. I could be wrong but OP have tried.

Good luck!

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: Question for those who got an AMEX Optima

peepers wrote:
So I paid amex in full, and got my Optima card today.

New account number and member since 2013.

I have read where for some it doesnt show as a new tradeline on credit reports. However I dont see how this wont.

And now Im afraid this will not only hurt my AAoA (prev amex was 1999) but that Ive shot myself in foot as I was under impression banks dont like to see new tradelines opened within a year of mortgage shopping. We had planned for next spring.

Has anyone had luck getting these to show as an older account? Or should I not activate it? Ugh... Advice anyone? Thanks!

I don't have the card but have seen many post in CC forum about this Amex product so you may want to post there :smileywink:

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}