Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for those who got an AMEX Optima

tag
peepers
Frequent Contributor

Question for those who got an AMEX Optima

So I paid amex in full, and got my Optima card today.

New account number and member since 2013.

I have read where for some it doesnt show as a new tradeline on credit reports. However I dont see how this wont.

And now Im afraid this will not only hurt my AAoA (prev amex was 1999) but that Ive shot myself in foot as I was under impression banks dont like to see new tradelines opened within a year of mortgage shopping. We had planned for next spring.

Has anyone had luck getting these to show as an older account? Or should I not activate it? Ugh... Advice anyone? Thanks!
AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Re: Question for those who got an AMEX Optima

Just curious....was the account CO?

Did you make 1 payment or were you on the installment plan when you paid it off?

How difficult was it to get the optima card after you made the final payment?

You should activate if you want to be back in the Amex family eventually.

But you can't app for a new Amex until you closed your optima account.

From what I read, Amex don't backdate on the optima. I could be wrong but OP have tried.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Question for those who got an AMEX Optima

@peepers wrote:
So I paid amex in full, and got my Optima card today.

New account number and member since 2013.

I have read where for some it doesnt show as a new tradeline on credit reports. However I dont see how this wont.

And now Im afraid this will not only hurt my AAoA (prev amex was 1999) but that Ive shot myself in foot as I was under impression banks dont like to see new tradelines opened within a year of mortgage shopping. We had planned for next spring.

Has anyone had luck getting these to show as an older account? Or should I not activate it? Ugh... Advice anyone? Thanks!

I don't have the card but have seen many post in CC forum about this Amex product so you may want to post there Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.