Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for those who have CSP

tag
Commandolam
New Contributor

Re: Question for those who have CSP

@enharu wrote:

lol i read your 1st sentence and i was thinking DAMN the BCP is indeed very different huh.

then i chuckled lol.

I seem to care more about my card than they do after I hand it over, because they scratched it! Smiley Sad

I actually get a lot of comments when I use my BCE (basically the same look as the BCP).  But I live in a city where most people just use their debit cards and there aren't many "high-end" places here.  

I've never actually seen a BCE/BCP card in person besides mine living here.

Age: 20 | AAoA: 1.1 Years | TU Fico: 725 | EX Fico: 719 | EQ Fico: 693
Last App: 12/09/2013
Message 41 of 46
blondy250
Established Contributor

@Commandolam wrote:

I actually get a lot of comments when I use my BCE (basically the same look as the BCP).  But I live in a city where most people just use their debit cards and there aren't many "high-end" places here.  

I don't understand when people say that they get compliments on their cards to me. If your showing people your card(s) long enough for them to comment on them you have problems.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 42 of 46
Commandolam
New Contributor

@blondy250 wrote:

@Commandolam wrote:

I don't understand when people say that they get compliments on their cards to me. If your showing people your card(s) long enough for them to comment on them you have problems.

What are you talking about?  I hand them the card so they can swipe it and they'll say something like "That's a really cool card."  I'm not standing there showing it off to some random cashier, lol.

Age: 20 | AAoA: 1.1 Years | TU Fico: 725 | EX Fico: 719 | EQ Fico: 693
Last App: 12/09/2013
Message 43 of 46
nfs_mw
New Contributor

I was approved for CSP 2 months back with 11 mths AAoA.. Util in 8-10% range..I always report some balance on all the cards I have(except for Macy's..hate itSmiley Mad

Costco Amex was the only prime card I had with CL 5K at the time of app

Message 44 of 46
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

Just curious to know, how many prime cards did you have when you were approved, and what was your AAoA?   Thanks in advances for the responses. 

The CSP was the first of the 3 Chase-backed cards that I have (others being JP Morgan Select and the Slate Visa).  When I applied for CSP I already had the CITI Diamond Preferred MC, Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa, AMEX Zync and Clear, Wells Fargo Platinum Visa, Discover More,1st Command Platinum Visa, and 3 store cards (Lowes/Home Depot/Lumber Liquidators).  CSP was instant approval, as was the CLI when I requested it.  Having a wallet full of "prime" probably helped the cause!  AAofA was ~9 years or so, oldest being over 20 years. 

Message 45 of 46
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Talk about YMMV.  It seems the approvals are all over the place.  Well, for now I'm staying in the garden.  Will wait until my Discover It reports at the end of this month.  After that I will ponder my options.  I really want the CSP, but don't need it at the moment, as I won't be doing  a lot of travel until the end of this year or beginning of next.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.