cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for those who have used the Citi 4th Free Night benefit for the Prestige

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question for those who have used the Citi 4th Free Night benefit for the Prestige

I understnad that the benefit is for the lowest priced room at the hotel that you stay in but are you required to stay in the lowest price room? For example, the lowest priced room at the hotel you're interested in is $1000 but you want to stay in a $1300 room.  Will Citi reimburse you the $1000 if your entire stay is in the $1300 room or will the concierge only book you in the cheapest room?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question for those who have used the Citi 4th Free Night benefit for the Prestige

@Anonymous wrote:

I understnad that the benefit is for the lowest priced room at the hotel that you stay in but are you required to stay in the lowest price room? For example, the lowest priced room at the hotel you're interested in is $1000 but you want to stay in a $1300 room.  Will Citi reimburse you the $1000 if your entire stay is in the $1300 room or will the concierge only book you in the cheapest room?

Irish, I have used the 4th night with Citi few times. The last time was when I spent Xmas in Madrid. I picked a 5 star hotel and I decided to stay in a luxury view vs. garden view. The difference in price was about 200 Euro a night. Citi honored my request and they just issued a credit on my account few days ago ( from december stay). It took more less 8 weeks for them to give me a credit. I did not have any restriction to stay in a more expensive room vs. the lower category. To make an easy reservation, when I called them I gave them the hotel name and days and the room type I wanted. Few hrs later I received a quote from them and I called them back to proceed with the reservation.  I can tell you that I have used this service 5 times since I have the card and no issues what so ever. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question for those who have used the Citi 4th Free Night benefit for the Prestige

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Irish, I have used the 4th night with Citi few times. The last time was when I spent Xmas in Madrid. I picked a 5 star hotel and I decided to stay in a luxury view vs. garden view. The difference in price was about 200 Euro a night. Citi honored my request and they just issued a credit on my account few days ago ( from december stay). It took more less 8 weeks for them to give me a credit. I did not have any restriction to stay in a more expensive room vs. the lower category. To make an easy reservation, when I called them I gave them the hotel name and days and the room type I wanted. Few hrs later I received a quote from them and I called them back to proceed with the reservation.  I can tell you that I have used this service 5 times since I have the card and no issues what so ever. 

Thanks Mia!

Great to hear and appreciate the response.

Message 3 of 4
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

Agreed, no real issues yet, and since they switched to their new travel agency, the credit comes quick (usually the next week).

i have had one issue..hoping they resolve. Brooked a hotel back in November that required one night deposit, then 30 days before the stay they charged me ther rest.

Rate was $509/night. I seem to have gotten a $171 4th night credit, not the 509 + tax I should have gotten. I have a feeling I'm going to have to explain this one to them. And it might be difficult as the ones who booked it was CWT. at least I have the email from them back in November detailing my 4th night credit.

still waiting as the stay was just two weeks ago. But, I already have my credit from a stay last week.

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.