Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for you guys and gals that have been around these forums a while

tag
Neverknewaboutcredit
Valued Member

Question for you guys and gals that have been around these forums a while

My Father in Law has helped me work my way back from a Bk, he opened the AU accounts Listed below for me to use and rebuild  I controlled the accounts, made all charges and payments, and they all report limits and usage to all three CRA's. It has helped me a lot and I would like to have him close all the AU accounts but don't know if it will affect my scores, thats the last thing I want at this time. I also have some joint accounts with my wife and my own accounts as well, I would like to have a daily use card and a backup card in my pocket only so if you guys can look over my cards below and offer advice it be appropriated , It very hard to garden around this place but I'm going under for quite a while, wish me luck

WPCU visa $30K , Amex BCE 15K,Amex Hilton Surpass $9k, Cap1 Business Spark $4.5k, Sync Lowes $25K,GECU visa $5k, Cap1 QS visa $20K, Discover $20.8K Citi/Home Depot $5K, Citi/Costco visa $12K,US Bank Kroger visa 15K, US Bank Cash + $10K, Huntington Voice MC 10K, 5/3rd Real Life MC 10K
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question for you guys and gals that have been around these forums a while

Can't see them, on mobile.
Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

As long as your util is down than closing out the cards shouldn't hurt you much.

I would possibly try to get your own American Express Revolving account and then you would for sure be set when he closes out the 2 your AU on.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

(AU) Amex green NPSL,Amex Delta $12k,Home Depot $10K
(Joint) Cap1 Menards $5.5k,Sync Lowes 15k,WrightPatt CU $10k
(Individual) Amex Business Green NPSL, Cap1 Business Spark $4.5k
Sync Lowes $5k, Barclay Arrival $2.1k, Sync WalMart 1.9k, GECU $5k,
Cap1 QS $3k, Venture $10k

OP list. Unless closing the AU accounts spikes your utilization I think your fine
Message 4 of 8
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

That's terrific, it is sort of you have "graduated" and can start on your own wihout AU cards, he should be happy for you. Thank him tremendously.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with CA. I would take a look at either the Blue cash or EveryDay cards depending on your rewards preference.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HF, thanks.

Agreed on your suggestion as well.
Message 7 of 8
Neverknewaboutcredit
Valued Member

I have my own amex account but it's a business card and  don't show on personal reports, I have tried over and over for a ind amex with no luck so off to the garden I go for a long time, any advice on what I should use as a daily card?

WPCU visa $30K , Amex BCE 15K,Amex Hilton Surpass $9k, Cap1 Business Spark $4.5k, Sync Lowes $25K,GECU visa $5k, Cap1 QS visa $20K, Discover $20.8K Citi/Home Depot $5K, Citi/Costco visa $12K,US Bank Kroger visa 15K, US Bank Cash + $10K, Huntington Voice MC 10K, 5/3rd Real Life MC 10K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.