Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on AMEX Zync

tag
Mandazoid
Contributor

Question on AMEX Zync

I applied last week for an AMEX Zync and was approved with a $500 CL if I enrolled in auto-pay (which I did). I received the card in the mail today along with all of my paperwork, but I don't see a credit score of any kind listed on any of the paperwork. I've heard that AMEX pulls EX, so I was really curious to see what my actual EX score was.

What gives?

Starting Score: 609 (8/23/11)
Current Score: TU: 805 (5/27/16)
Goal Score: 820
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question on AMEX Zync

Generally they only give you the score when they deny you. They have to put it in the denial letter. I geuss you can call them and see if the CSR can pull it up with your record but make sure they dont do another pull thinnking thats what you want.

Message 2 of 15
Guava
Established Contributor

The new act only requires card companies to provide score if you're denied. If you're approved, they may give it to you or they may not, it varies.

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 15
Mandazoid
Contributor

Really? I thought that CCCs also had to give you your credit score if you were approved, but did not receive the optimum benefits (lower CL, higher APR, etc.).

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is more applicable to credit cards where interest rates are factored. In the case of a charge card I don't believe a temporary limit (it will most likely be removed after a few months of good payment history) is considered the same way... since otherwise your terms and fees are the same as everyone's. That said, I'm sure they will give it to you if you call. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 15
Guava
Established Contributor

@Mandazoid wrote:

Really? I thought that CCCs also had to give you your credit score if you were approved, but did not receive the optimum benefits (lower CL, higher APR, etc.).

If you don't get the most favorable term, they are required to tell you about the negative items on your report, not necessarily the score. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 15
Mandazoid
Contributor

Hmm...interesting. Thanks, csol! I'll have to give them a call and see if they'll tell me.

That may be the case, silver. I'm not sure!

Message 7 of 15
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

I also received no score with my BCP...

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for the BCE, and 2 days before I got the card, I got a letter that gave my FICO score in it.  It stated I had a 748... but I also got the highest APR so I guess that's why they included the score.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

My AMEX Clear letter gave me my EX and my apr is 19.94%.  I don't know what the APR range is though.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.