Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on AMEX back-dating.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on AMEX back-dating.

Very cool!

I will give this a try to see if it works. I am still waiting for the card to arrive - should be here this week so I will have to wait just a bit.

Also planning on using it some next week for a short trip out of town and if they can find me and back-date, I do not want them to send a new card right out and invalidate the other card.

Crossing my fingers! I will send them the number from my old green card - hoping for a 1979 backdate!

Thanks again! I will post the results when they are back.

Ray

Message 11 of 12
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: Question on AMEX back-dating.

They won't invalidate your original card.  I used my original card for several days after I had seen they had changed the info online but before I received the new card.  That said, I wasn't travelling, so I can understand if you want to be extra cautious.  Hope it works out for you.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.