Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Amazon Prime Store Card 5% Back

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on Amazon Prime Store Card 5% Back

Can someone tell me how the 5% cash back works? Is it monthly on the statement that it will show how much total you got a credit for? Will it show under activity/transactions as they post online? I just subscribed to Prime so I just want to find out how it works. It's my OCD kicking in again. Thx
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: Question on Amazon Prime Store Card 5% Back

It is credited to the account monthly. I am able to view it online Smiley Happy

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 2 of 9
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

They'll credit you every month automatically on the date the statement cuts. There will be a line item for the credit in the transactions list.

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I usually see my statement credit the billing cycle after my purchases though I believe the Amazon website states it can take up to two billing cycles before you see your statement credit. It does not appear under Activity/Transaction tab but gives an overall rewards total under the Rewards tab. You will be able to see the exact amount earned each month on your monthly statement.

I wish the rewards were a little more detailed myself. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the replies
Message 5 of 9
itgirl74
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I usually see my statement credit the billing cycle after my purchases though I believe the Amazon website states it can take up to two billing cycles before you see your statement credit. It does not appear under Activity/Transaction tab but gives an overall rewards total under the Rewards tab. You will be able to see the exact amount earned each month on your monthly statement.

I wish the rewards were a little more detailed myself. Smiley Wink

That's so weird. I always get the credit on the same statement where the purchase show up. And it shows up in the transaction list like this:

Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 4.52.50 PM.png

Starting Score: EQ: 478 | EX: 499 | TU: 534 Current Score:EQ: 759 | EX: 805 | TU: 830 Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, mine just shows up at the end of the month as statement credit. I haven't figured out a way to view it during the month either. 

The site overall has a bit of a clunky feel to it.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you need Prime, to have this card?

I currently have Amazon Prime Student but I am considering not renewing.

Message 8 of 9
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you need Prime, to have this card?

I currently have Amazon Prime Student but I am considering not renewing.

Just for the 5% back

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.