Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Amex charges

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question on Amex charges

Thanks on the congrats!

Thanks for the info too. I used it twice, once for groceries and the other for sports tickets. It will be 48 hrs this morning and still nothing has popped up. I'm sure it'll be OK. I'd like to see confirmation on the tickets, but did get the groceries just fine. With all of the Amex stories floating out there, and being a new cardholder, I'm a little skiddish.

Message 11 of 16
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@fused wrote:
You might want to talk with Amex to find out what your "real secretive card limit is".

?

Message 12 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Uborrow-Upay wrote:

@fused wrote:
You might want to talk with Amex to find out what your "real secretive card limit is".

?

Others have done this in the past. I tried when I had a Gold, but I didn't get far.

On charge cards, AmEx has an unpublished CL. So in other words, llecs can't pull out his new Green card and buy the Redskins franchise, for instance. This CL goes up and down with time.

If you want to use a charge card for a big purchase, and you haven't been with them for a long time, it's useful to call up beforehand and ask if they'd approve a charge for that figure. Or you can be like fused and others and get them to tell you exactly what your limit is that day.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 16
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Got it.  Thanks, HTSU!
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you see any "pending" or "authorized" charges that have yet to post, but show an amount?

Many CC's will show this even before the charge actually posts in transactions.

Message 15 of 16
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

txjohn wrote:

Do you see any "pending" or "authorized" charges that have yet to post, but show an amount?

Many CC's will show this even before the charge actually posts in transactions.

Nope, not on my online access anyway. I think it only shows processed charges and that still reads $0. I did put a third charge on it today, so I guess it is just a little slow.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.