Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Cabela's Card

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Question on Cabela's Card

Few days ago I applied online for Cablea's Credit Card and app was declined. Today I received a letter with the reason stating, unable to verify data on the application. They pulled my EQ.

Should I call them and talk to them and see if they approve the card with additional information. What are the chances Cablea card start with decent CL. I dont want to be stuck with $300 CL and AF like BB RZ MC.

Should I just send the letter to shredder and take a deep breath or should I call them and see what they say?

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Question on Cabela's Card

Really, I don't see any point whatsoever in your getting this card. It doesn't fill any empty niches in your credit.

It's an interesting alternative for those who are transitioning out of rebuilding territory, and it's also good for hunters and other outdoors folks. But I don't see it doing you a whole lot of good.

You know, when you're done with all this, I hope you'll consider writing a review of all CC's offered in the US, because I think you've researched them all! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know the answer to this.

Everyone in unison, "If first you don't succeed; try, try again".

They seem to have tightened up a tad but they are not your normally aspirated credit giver. They tend to dance to their own band. They denied my latest CLI attempt then bumped me up to 9K on recon.

Grab dat phone! Tell them there's a Muskie in the river with your name on it and you need a new Fenwick rod.

EDIT: They started me at 4K nine months ago.

Message Edited by contractor on 02-06-2009 09:28 PM
Message 2 of 13
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

Yes, call the number on your letter you received.  The same thing happened to us and we had to go through their security department.  They approved us for 3000.  Good Luck!
Message 3 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I called the number on the letter. They said I have to call their security department and they gave me the number to call. I'll call on Monday when they are open and talk to them.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely give them a call... or three. I was approved, was told the card was mailed out, and over the next 4-6 weeks, still had to re-verify with their security department 2 or 3 times (I forget how many). They're jumpy about all the recent apps (every credit board in the world is recommending them), remember that if they ask why you want their card. Most of the people I know were approved for at least 1k, ymmv. Good luck.  
Message 5 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I kind of read scary things on different boards on this card about CLD / Cancellation / Reducing the CL after the card arrived. I have very good cards from Citi / Chase / BOA / Nordie / FIA. I am not sure if these people are going to be so tough to deal with, if it is worth it. Right now all it costs me only hard inq. If they approve the card then I would have a new account which will ding my score and on top of it I dont want them taking AA's on the new account.
Message 6 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Really, I don't see any point whatsoever in your getting this card. It doesn't fill any empty niches in your credit.

It's an interesting alternative for those who are transitioning out of rebuilding territory, and it's also good for hunters and other outdoors folks. But I don't see it doing you a whole lot of good.

You know, when you're done with all this, I hope you'll consider writing a review of all CC's offered in the US, because I think you've researched them all! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like HTSU said, the card is not for everyone. The rewards have to be used at the merchant. If you don't use those things, kinda dumb to have rewards there. I shop at Cabelas quite a bit (more if they ever build us a store in SoCal.) I use the rewards and like being able to get fishing gear and the like as freebies. I don't feel guilty buying "play" stuff that way.

It was a great CC until everyone in creditland started applying for it and gave them the jitters. Happens so often. 

Message 8 of 13
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I have sent the letter to shredder and now I can sleep peacefully. Yep, I would rather see my scores go up than taking a ding with another card.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you have resolved to your satisfaction.

I should be able to call and get whatever they were going to give you put on my account now...LOL  J/K

We can make room for you in the treatment center. I am actually starting to get over the shakes and convulsions of not apping. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.