Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on CapOne CLI Policy if I turn it down

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on CapOne CLI Policy if I turn it down

If I turn down the 6 mo offer-does the offer go up every month or would I have to wait another 6? I don't understand why people decline it. Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on CapOne CLI Policy if I turn it down

@djgrolyo wrote:
If I turn down the 6 mo offer-does the offer go up every month or would I have to wait another 6? I don't understand why people decline it. Thanks

Theres no guarantee the offer would go up. But if you were offered say $500 increase, and were wanting more, then you could decline the increase and use the card more in hopes of a higher increase the next month. I dont think I have heard many cases where the increase amount went down.  You would not have to wait 6 more months if you declined an increase. The timer is reset when you accept an increase.

Message 2 of 5
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@djgrolyo wrote:

Theres no guarantee the offer would go up. But if you were offered say $500 increase, and were wanting more, then you could decline the increase and use the card more in hopes of a higher increase the next month. I dont think I have heard many cases where the increase amount went down.  You would not have to wait 6 more months if you declined an increase. The timer is reset when you accept an increase.

+1  I've declined the $200 on my CapOne PlayStation Visa for several months in a row now.  Regardless of use the offer hasn't changed.  So as jfriend mentioned, there is no guarantee that holding out will yield better results. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.
Message 4 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@djgrolyo wrote:

I've read reports here of folks declining a small Capital One CLI offer, and then a few months later applying for a CLI and getting a bigger increase than the one they declined.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.