Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Discover 5% online shopping cashback

tag
uswala
Senior Contributor

Question on Discover 5% online shopping cashback

As you guys are aware that Discover is offering 5% cashback on online shopping. They actually gave me 5% cashback on costco.com order as well. Which was a pleasant surprise for me. 

I usually purchase discounted gift cards from Raise.com. Does anyone know if I will get 5% cash back there as well or they recognize the sites selling gift cards?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: Question on Discover 5% online shopping cashback

@uswala wrote:

As you guys are aware that Discover is offering 5% cashback on online shopping. They actually gave me 5% cashback on costco.com order as well. Which was a pleasant surprise for me. 

I usually purchase discounted gift cards from Raise.com. Does anyone know if I will get 5% cash back there as well or they recognize the sites selling gift cards?

Thanks

are you aware that upromise gives 5% without even having a discover card?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great info!
Message 3 of 6
uswala
Senior Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

@uswala wrote:

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I was not aware. So now Upromise is next in my list. Though it will have to wait as I got two new cards in last one month.

That brings me to other question....isBarclays fine with giving multiple cards as I already have their Reward card (and am authorized user on my wife's Sallie Mae card).

Message 4 of 6
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

Yep, I'm living proof.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 5 of 6
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@uswala wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@uswala wrote:

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I was not aware. So now Upromise is next in my list. Though it will have to wait as I got two new cards in last one month.

That brings me to other question....isBarclays fine with giving multiple cards as I already have their Reward card (and am authorized user on my wife's Sallie Mae card).

Yes but just make sure you have enough time between apps Smiley Happy  I played safe and apped after 1 year for my 2nd Barclays and it worked just fine.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.