Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Navy CC CLI's

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Question on Navy CC CLI's

I am curious how does the cli's on Navy Credit Cards work? How often can we ask and what criteria do they use for approval? Is it a soft or hardpull ? Let me know your expereinces please.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on Navy CC CLI's

Expect a hard pull. When I talked to NFCU the other day, they said every 6 months.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my cards for about a year now, and the first time I asked for a cli was at the 6th month mark and it was a hard. I looked on my statement last week and was given an auto CLI for 4K bringing my total VIsa Sig to 25K.

Message 3 of 5
score_building
Senior Contributor

+1 to expect a hard if it is requested (on EQ or TU, they pulled one or the other for me each time IIRC) though YMMV.  1st request less than 90 days after initial approval and 2 more at approx 3 month intervals, all approved. I had read that some got approvals in even shorter time frames, so took a chance and had awesome results.  NFCU seems to rarely disappoint and almost always goes above and beyond IME...don't think they were instant but within approximately 24 hours or less when I checked online the status had already updated.

Not sure about the criteria used but had <10% UTI overall 30ish UTI on the NFCU visa, (for the zero no fee BT) thick file but handful of new accounts and significant balances reporting.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

They have been pretty good to me. I asked for 5k cli on navcheck and 2k cli on master card and 10k cli on my visa. All 3 are approved. Visa / MC are instant approvals, not sure if they pulled the cr or not. But for navcheck it took one day and there was a hard inq. With good limits they give, it will help with util.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.