Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on PC

tag
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

Question on PC

1. If I do PC from Cap1 Platinum to Quicksilver, will my credit history show one card or will it show as Platinum closed and Quicksilver open?

2. If I do PC, do I still get the introductory reward offers like $100 back for first $500 spent?

Thanks.

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Re: Question on PC

You'll get a new account number with date opened same as ur platinum, ur platinum will be listed as close. And the intro reward is 4 new customer only i think. That's how BOA treats me when i pc, no intro apr no intro reward
Message 2 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

To answer your questions:

1. Your CR's do not designate QS or Plat just your account number, therefore the information will remain the same UNLESS you are going from a Visa to a MC.

2. PCs are not eligible for sign up bonuses but if you are currently in a promotion the PC'd card will retain the same offer.
Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bigbang91... AFAIK, the account number doesn't change when converting from an existing legacy Capital One product to QS. Where did you obtain such data point?

OP - the rewards bonus would not apply in your case since it is only available for new QS applicants.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.