Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Target REDcard reporting

tag
SFernandez13461
Frequent Contributor

Question on Target REDcard reporting

We've had a Target REDcard since roughly August 2012 and so far we've been stuck with a credit limit of 200. I understand Target's pretty stingy with CLIs, and I've tried requesting an increase to no avail, but I have a question about the way it's reporting.

Because of our terrible limit we basically have to make a payment every time we use it. And although there's nothing negative being reported (other than high utilization sometimes), it reports the total of all the monthly payments (usually around 450). I'm just wondering if that might somehow read as if we're going over the limit or have any negative impact on our credit.

Thanks. 

EX 695, EQ 703, TU 681 (1/17)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question on Target REDcard reporting

Fico only calculates balance vs. credit line for util. and score as far as I know.... this minimum vs. actual payment is new to me and not sure how they calculate that towards score or not... I know it makes it pretty hard to tell someone you always PIF if they ask about a high balance when it shows you only paid minimum!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.