Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Walmart Cards

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Question on Walmart Cards

How does the Walmart Cards work? I have store card with CL of $2400 and wanted to upgrade to WM Discover Card. Applied on the store and got message to call. I called and CSR said I am approved for WM Discover with CL of $1100 and I would have the new card in the next 10 days. CSR says that I would have both Store Card and Discover Card as two seperate cards and I would keep my existing store card in tact. Is it correct? I thought the store card would be replaced with the Discover card. Do you have any experience with Walmart Cards? When I asked for Sams Club Business Discover card they upgraded my store card to Sams Discover Card. Any way, I dont mind having both WM Store and WM Discover Card. Just was not sure how it is done.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Question on Walmart Cards

@Red1Blue wrote:

How does the Walmart Cards work? I have store card with CL of $2400 and wanted to upgrade to WM Discover Card. Applied on the store and got message to call. I called and CSR said I am approved for WM Discover with CL of $1100 and I would have the new card in the next 10 days. CSR says that I would have both Store Card and Discover Card as two seperate cards and I would keep my existing store card in tact. Is it correct? I thought the store card would be replaced with the Discover card. Do you have any experience with Walmart Cards? When I asked for Sams Club Business Discover card they upgraded my store card to Sams Discover Card. Any way, I dont mind having both WM Store and WM Discover Card. Just was not sure how it is done.

The CSR told you correctly. You will keep your Walmart card and also have the Walmart Discover card. 

Different companies offer the cards so that is why you will keep both unless you cancel and close one of them.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got upgraded from the store version to the Discover version - they closed my store card... and the Discover card showed up as a new account. It had a higher CL (approx 1300 more than the store card)...

Message 3 of 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got upgraded from the store version to the Discover version - they closed my store card... and the Discover card showed up as a new account. It had a higher CL (approx 1300 more than the store card)...

I guess in my case, I get to keep both the cards so I can keep the old history and get CLI's on both store card and discover card also as the accounts age.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.