Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on applying for credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on applying for credit card

I have a question on applying for credit via an invitation sent out by the issuing bank and that question is as follows, is there any substantial difference between applying online vs turning in the hard copy invite via snail mail?   The reason being is assuming that the online portion is automated and hence a denial handed down with less review than an actual person might be doing on the hard copy processing side.   For example, will an online submission with multiple inquiries from a car dealership see those as one vs someone actual viewing the report?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Question on applying for credit card

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question on applying for credit via an invitation sent out by the issuing bank and that question is as follows, is there any substantial difference between applying online vs turning in the hard copy invite via snail mail?   The reason being is assuming that the online portion is automated and hence a denial handed down with less review than an actual person might be doing on the hard copy processing side.   For example, will an online submission with multiple inquiries from a car dealership see those as one vs someone actual viewing the report?

My guess is that the hard copy will be scanned or keyed in and the computer algorithms will decide the same as if you applied online.  

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.