Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on redeeming cash back

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on redeeming cash back

So on my QS1 I redeemed for a purchase I made of 75.00.. My statement balance I guess came yesterday and my redemption was complete today so my April statement is 600 or so and my current balance is 525. If I pay the current balance would that then show I didn't pay in full? I realize if I pay the 600 I'll then just have 75 in credit
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question on redeeming cash back

no you need to pay statement balance.
Message 2 of 8
kuku4koco
Frequent Contributor

If you pay your current balance, then you should be paid in full.  You got a $75 statement credit correct?  Don't look at your statement from the day before, go online and look at your account.  Sounds like you only owe $575.  (If your statement credit was applied AFTER they sent your statement, then it wouldn't reflect the credit).

EQ: 731 TU: 705 EX: 715

Cap1 QS: 9k USBank: 7k Amex BCE: 14.1k BoA: 8k Discover: 4.4k CareCredit: 12k *Various Store Cards: 18.7k
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

this is kind of a two part answer sorry. if you spend nothing then your current balance is fine. if you spend up to 600 or more then you need to pay statement balance to avoid interest.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I technically only owe 525 which my current balance is my statement balance is for 600
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kuku looks like you're right

On the app it says I can pay the statement balance but online to pay bill it only gives me ability to pay my current balance of 525.
Message 6 of 8
kuku4koco
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Wink

EQ: 731 TU: 705 EX: 715

Cap1 QS: 9k USBank: 7k Amex BCE: 14.1k BoA: 8k Discover: 4.4k CareCredit: 12k *Various Store Cards: 18.7k
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Kuku looks like you're right

On the app it says I can pay the statement balance but online to pay bill it only gives me ability to pay my current balance of 525.

Most likely, you're fine paying the $525.  If it were me, I'd probably go ahead and push the whole $600 from my bank's bill pay.  If I had any intention of using the card in the near future, I'd just plan to spend down the $75 credit.  Otherwise I'd call after the statement was cut and request a $75 check for the credit balance.

Chris.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.