Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question re: Chase CLI HPs

tag
sarux3
Frequent Contributor

Question re: Chase CLI HPs

So, last week I got my old Chase Platinum successfully PC'ed to a Freedom, but I am still stuck with the $6300 CL I've had for several years and the sub-prime 25% APR that I incurred due to not having the best credit behavior in the past.  I'd like to call the backdoor and get them to CLI and rate drop for me now that my situation has considerably improved, but it's my impression from these forums that I'd have to incur a HP to do so.  

Now, I'm also planning to app for a Chase Slate to do some 0% BTs in a couple weeks, so that will obviously require a separate HP.  My question is, would I be able to app for the Slate (and hopefully get approved), then call the backdoor about my Freedom and ask them to use the HP they just initiated for the Slate instead of incurring a second pull?  Has anyone had success with this strategy?

CH7 Filed Dec 31, 2018; DC Apr 9, 2019
FICO 8 at DC (Apr 15, 2019):
FICO 8 current (June 29, 2022):
Total revolving credit limit: $149,150 Utilization: 9% Inquiries:

Who I've burnt: Amex / Discover / Chase / Wells Fargo / CapOne / Barclays / Citi / DSNB / US Bank / NASA FCU / Apple FCU / Synch / Comenity
Who let me back in: CapOne / Citi (Retail) / DSNB / Synchrony / Comenity
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Question re: Chase CLI HPs

Chase will do a separate hp for both app and cli. They wont let you use the same hp Smiley Sad
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.