Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding BB RZ MC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question regarding BB RZ MC

I was approved for a RZ Gold $100 limit with no annual fee.

Does anyone know if I can get them to CLI upon activation?

Lastly, does anyone know how their credit line increases work on that product with the $100 initial offering? It's a fairly low line, I'd imagine that it'll increase somehow in time I'd just like a better idea of when.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Re: Question regarding BB RZ MC

I got my RZ card about a year ago and after heavy usage (using 50-100% of the limit and paying in full 1-2 times a month) they increased my limit to the current 600.  I actually didn't know they offered the gold without an AF but that's awesome...I wish mine didn't have one.

I haven't heard of requesting a limit on activation but I'm sure it couldn't hurt?  I know at least for the gold you don't have the CLI button within the online account and either have to leave it up to them to increase your limit, or call directly.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vonmannstein wrote:

I got my RZ card about a year ago and after heavy usage (using 50-100% of the limit and paying in full 1-2 times a month) they increased my limit to the current 600.  I actually didn't know they offered the gold without an AF but that's awesome...I wish mine didn't have one.

I haven't heard of requesting a limit on activation but I'm sure it couldn't hurt?  I know at least for the gold you don't have the CLI button within the online account and either have to leave it up to them to increase your limit, or call directly.

What was your initial limit if you don't mind me asking? Also, you said that you got the card about a year ago, so they only gave you an increase after approx 12 months? Did you have to call in and request that increase or did it come on its own? 

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just rebuilding my credit and have a ton of stuff running through my head.

After reading through the forums I don't think I've seen anyone else with a BB RZ MC that's gotten a $100 limit so I find it a bit odd. 

Message 3 of 8
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Yeah I hadn't seen that before either.  I was approved for $300 initially...I'd have to check my statements but I believe they upped it to 600 after  2-3 months.  Since then I had been carrying a balance for a while so I'm not surprised they haven't given me any CLI's since...hopefully now that I'm back to PIF they will again.

Message 4 of 8
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Another funny thing about that card.  I used it for fast food purchases 2 days in a row right after I activated it...and got a fraud alert.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, thanks for all the info. If anyone else has anything to add PLEASE do so Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Jesus I am just app-crazy lately...I figured...why not just re-apply and see if I can get a $0-AF version of the gold or the platinum to replace my current card.

Whadda-ya-know...I was approved for 0 AF and $100 limit same as you. Smiley Very Happy

EDIT:  Oh and BTW...if you check whogavemecredit.com there are several people in the last couple years that have been approved with $100 to start.  I think I may try and call customer service to see if I can combine the cards or close the old one and up the limit on my current card.

Edit Mark II:  And I also take back what I said about the CLI requests online...you can with the 0AF gold.  Must just not be available for the low-tier AF cards.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL that's interesting.

Well, congrats on the $0 AF

Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.