Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding CHASE CLI

tag
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Question regarding CHASE CLI

So I recently got my first CHASE card ever - $500 CL Amazon Prime VS. got the card in January. Use every month. What is the best process to get CLI from CHASE and do they ever do auto love 

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question regarding CHASE CLI

I got my Chase FU 8 months ago. Application went to 7-10 days. I called recon. She asked me why I didn't pay my credit card debt  back in 2009 (circuit city credit card by Chase). I explained the reasons and told her that I am rebuilding my credit and need to have credit relationship with Chase again. She approved me for $500. Thanks for that.

8 months later no auto CLI (I wasn't expecting one). No SP CLI offer either.

Only way to do it call them or secure message and end up with HP CLI request.

Message 2 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Ive seen some posts of folks getting an auto on the Amazon Visa between 4-6 statements. Im coming up this month on my 4th statement with decent use, and PIF, but Im not holding me breath, lol. My limit is currently $3k, so Im not complaining, especially since they were IIB Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 10
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I got an auto-CLI on my Amazon Visa about 4 months in, give or take a few days. It's hard to tell exactly when it happened because it was mid-cycle, and they didn't notify me. I noticed it when I logged into my account. I'd give it some time before taking a hard pull.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The best process, generally speaking to stimulate auto-CLIs across almost all creditors is heavy use of your card followed by solid payments.  You can play around with PIF verses leaving a small balance.  Some theorize that allowing around a 20% balance to report may be ideal with some creditors in terms of stimulating an auto-CLI; others swear by strict PIF, or somewhere in between. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The best process, generally speaking to stimulate auto-CLIs across almost all creditors is heavy use of your card followed by solid payments.  You can play around with PIF verses leaving a small balance.  Some theorize that allowing around a 20% balance to report may be ideal with some creditors in terms of stimulating an auto-CLI; others swear by strict PIF, or somewhere in between. 

I swear by pay to 1%, get the statement, and then PIF. You want something to report, just not high util. Remember too with Chase if you PIF to a 0 balance they will report again with it.

Message 6 of 10
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

You almost have to bend over backwards to get Chase to report something other than zero. This month, I'm going to let the statement period close with a balance then pay immediately. That should credit the payment the day after the statement closes. It'll be interesting to see what hits the reports.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I swear by pay to 1%, get the statement, and then PIF. You want something to report, just not high util. Remember too with Chase if you PIF to a 0 balance they will report again with it.

Do you mean with respect to all creditors or Chase in particular?  With some creditors people have reported either letting 1% report or 0% report and not getting CLIs but when they raised that amount to around 20% reporting they immediately got a CLI.  As with everything of course it's profile-specific... but it's cool to hear about different things that "work" or dont work that are specific to different creditors.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

You almost have to bend over backwards to get Chase to report something other than zero. This month, I'm going to let the statement period close with a balance then pay immediately. That should credit the payment the day after the statement closes. It'll be interesting to see what hits the reports.

My Experian report shows my closed-at balance when I pull it between statement cut and paying the balance. Right now it shows $5 which is exactly what I want it to: 1%.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you mean with respect to all creditors or Chase in particular?  With some creditors people have reported either letting 1% report or 0% report and not getting CLIs but when they raised that amount to around 20% reporting they immediately got a CLI.  As with everything of course it's profile-specific... but it's cool to hear about different things that "work" or dont work that are specific to different creditors.

I'm referring to increasing scores by watching util. For a CLI, to the best of my knowledge creditors look at the sum of charges, not the end balance. The first month I had my FU my charges were more than my CL because I wanted to get the bonus ASAP for spending $500. I paid it a couple times in the middle of the month to do so. Unfortunately my highest balance was a little over $300 and that got reported (my closing balance was still $5).

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.