Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Cap1 EO

tag
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Question regarding Cap1 EO

Talked to a rep at the EO yesterday about a CLI on my Orchard card and my Best Buy card (stuck at $300 and $500 for 3 years now), and she said that they are finally able to handle these accounts (after months of trying periodically) and will get back to me by Monday. My question is, how much of an increase should I ask for without sounding greedy or desperate? $1k, $2k, $3k? I'm not even sure, I was caught off guard by the random call back!

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Question regarding Cap1 EO

@tattooedhusker wrote:

Talked to a rep at the EO yesterday about a CLI on my Orchard card and my Best Buy card (stuck at $300 and $500 for 3 years now), and she said that they are finally able to handle these accounts (after months of trying periodically) and will get back to me by Monday. My question is, how much of an increase should I ask for without sounding greedy or desperate? $1k, $2k, $3k? I'm not even sure, I was caught off guard by the random call back!

I bumped my Orchard from $1500 to $10000, so don't be afraid to be greedy!! XD if they can't match it, they will counteroffer with a lower amount, so might as well shoot high! Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
sarkell
Frequent Contributor

Considering your other limits I'd shoot for 1500 on both. It's funny that some cap 1 cards are difficult but neiman Marcus I received a cli no problem. Maybe cap1 is changing policies.
Cards: CSP $5k, Capital One Cash Rewards VS $3100, Discover it $3k Capital One MasterCard $600, Orchard Bank $3k, Barclays Rewards MC $1250 Gapcard $900, BR $300, Neiman Marcus $1k, Macys $1200 Walmart $500
In the garden until I can get a BCP

Starting Score: 534
Current Score: 682 EQ SW 660 TU 636 EX 3/26/13
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@tattooedhusker wrote:

I bumped my Orchard from $1500 to $10000, so don't be afraid to be greedy!! XD if they can't match it, they will counteroffer with a lower amount, so might as well shoot high! Smiley Happy

Hey, I emailed them and got a call back, but I missed the call. They didn't leave a message either.

I'm just checking to see if they call from a 831-area code? My iPhone says it's from Salinas, CA.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 8
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

@tattooedhusker wrote:

Hey, I emailed them and got a call back, but I missed the call. They didn't leave a message either.

I'm just checking to see if they call from a 831-area code? My iPhone says it's from Salinas, CA.

They should have left a message...the call does come from an 831 area code, however that is a faux number. Trying to dial it back will lead to what seems like a disconnected number.

The call-back number is 866-280-0118!

Message 5 of 8
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

Was it a hp or sp when they increased your limit on the OB card?

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 6 of 8
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@GST2008 wrote:

Was it a hp or sp when they increased your limit on the OB card?

HP, but there have been a few people who really pushed for a SP on it, or gotten lucky with a SP...but it will most likely result in a HP!

Message 7 of 8
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Today was the day that I'm supposed to hear back from the EO, so I figured I'd log in to my account and see if anything changed (since I got an alert for a HP on my EQ). There was a change. $100 increase..are you serious?! I'm so frustrated right now, I sacrificed a HP for $100?! I may have to give them another call and see if anything else can be done.

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.