Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Ebates 3% extra

tag
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

Question regarding Ebates 3% extra

Happy 2017 everyone!!!

I have a question for those with experience with the Ebates Visa card. I read that the 3% extra is added on top of the total purchase price of an item. However, is that done immediately after you make a purchase?

From my understanding of reading the Terms and Conditions of the rewards program that it is indeed added and not a statement credit (which would of been nice IMO). Does it add days later an extra 3%?

I just pruchased some clothing from Macy's and it added the intial 6% from using the protal but has not included the $10 for the first purchase nor the 3%. I checked my online portal of my Ebates Visa and the charge is already there. Do I need to link the account?

If anyone who has used ebates can chime in, any help is greatly appreicated!!

Thanks myfico family!!

Sabre

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question regarding Ebates 3% extra

@MoneyBurns wrote:

Happy 2017 everyone!!!

I have a question for those with experience with the Ebates Visa card. I read that the 3% extra is added on top of the total purchase price of an item. However, is that done immediately after you make a purchase?

From my understanding of reading the Terms and Conditions of the rewards program that it is indeed added and not a statement credit (which would of been nice IMO). Does it add days later an extra 3%? The charge has to actually post first then the 3% is added to your Ebates account and the rebate is added into your next big fat check.

I just pruchased some clothing from Macy's and it added the intial 6% from using the protal but has not included the $10 for the first purchase nor the 3%. I checked my online portal of my Ebates Visa and the charge is already there. Do I need to link the account? The 10 will most likely show once the charge posts to the account. One thing I just discovered about Ebates is as the last week or so comes they will pull any cash back coming on your check that they have not actually received. I blew my stack at them over 30 bucks on QVC purchases, they did give it back as I had retained the cash back award email, threatened to cancel my account and the CC.

If anyone who has used ebates can chime in, any help is greatly appreicated!!

Thanks myfico family!!

Sabre

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The purchases at 1% and the 3% shows up on the credit card statement not through the Ebates login. Now once they already credited to your account it will show up on your Ebates accumilation in time.
Message 3 of 5
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

So the ebates rewards earned specifically through the Visa shows up on the statement and not on the ebates portal? Then that added amount (1% or 3%) is added to the total cash back on ebates Big Fat Check?

What do you mean that ebates will take cashback away gdale6? You mean the commission they get from the stores?

And thank you gdale6 and fordguy89 for your replies!!
My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 4 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@MoneyBurns wrote:

What do you mean that ebates will take cashback away gdale6? You mean the commission they get from the stores?

And thank you gdale6 and fordguy89 for your replies!!

Most portals in the small print cover this case:  if, for whatever reason, the merchant doesn't give the portal the cashback, they won't give you your portion either.    This has led to a lot of complaints, especially if the merchant rules change and the portal doesn't reflect that quickly  (so you make a purchase through the portal in good faith, only to discover that you are not going to get the rate promised)

Good that gdale6 succeeded, YMMV on this!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.