Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Equifax approvals

tag
crippus
Contributor

Question regarding Equifax approvals

Quick question...looking to purchase a vehicle, and also get a nice limit cc. Want to go off Equifax. Have too many Exp inquiries, as I was shopping merchant accounts for the business, and it seems that EVERYONE pulls Exp for that. Was thinking to go the credit union route to maximize the inquiry. 737 Equifax, ZERO baddies ever, aaoa is 7 years, about 30 accounts from cars to mtgs etc. 8 inquiries last 2 years. 2 are from Navy. Highest cc is $10k. Any suggestions based on the above? Was thinking to get auto loan approval, and get 1-2 good credit cards from a c.u. I applied a few weeks ago and was td at Navy, but scores were about 40 points lower, as I just got my two old collections deleted. I am a member there. Should I go back to Navy, or do I need wait a certain period of time? Other thought is business credit cards that pull Equifax, so it would not tie up my personal utilization when I actually use the card...

Thoughts?

And thanks in advance!

Craig

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Sexyblue
Contributor

Re: Question regarding Equifax approvals

Have you tired DCU? They used Eq for membership and approvals. Also, your chex systems have to be clean. 

TU 660,EX 679, EQ 673,
DiscoverIT19,500 | Barney's NY,16000 | Jcrew, 8000 | Macy'sRed,12000 | Bloomingdales,9000 | Elan Visa, 5000|
P.C Richards ,4000 | Amazon, 3000 | Barclays, 3000 WalmartMC, 3000 | Target, 3400| Brooks Brothers 1,400
CAP1, 1250 | BOA,1000 | BestBuy, 1000 | American Airlines, 1300|
Message 2 of 7
crippus
Contributor

Going to try them, have not yet

Message 3 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Moving to CC
Message 4 of 7
crippus
Contributor

thanks was not sure where to postSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed pulled EQ when I joined and apped last week. They have pretty good car loan rates.

Message 6 of 7
crippus
Contributor

I have heard they are pretty conservative. I am kind of hoping for a pre approval once credit pulle for membership, I know DCU does that. Any others?

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.