Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding Nordstrom Store vs Visa

tag
fury1995
Valued Contributor

Question regarding Nordstrom Store vs Visa

For those of you who have had the Nordstrom Retail Card and were upgrade recently to the Nordstrom Visa, when you received your Visa card did the Visa account report as a new account on your credit reports with the Store card reporting as closed? Or did the trade line convert and the history of the account remain unchanged?

I'f like to convert mine but I don't want another *new* account to report as recently opened. If the original account history remains and a new trade line is not added.. I'd like to go for it.

Input?

thx 

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question regarding Nordstrom Store vs Visa

@fury1995 wrote:

For those of you who have had the Nordstrom Retail Card and were upgrade recently to the Nordstrom Visa, when you received your Visa card did the Visa account report as a new account on your credit reports with the Store card reporting as closed? Or did the trade line convert and the history of the account remain unchanged?

I'f like to convert mine but I don't want another *new* account to report as recently opened. If the original account history remains and a new trade line is not added.. I'd like to go for it.

Input?

thx 

I'm almost positive they just convert the account internally... it's not an actual change to credit reports besides the increase in CL

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question regarding Nordstrom Store vs Visa

I upgraded the store card to the Visa signature in May 2015 (not sure if this is recent enough) and my Equifax report shows no closed credit card account. The account shows as flexible spending account with an opening date in November 2014 (which is when I opened the store card)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.