Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding authorize user

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question regarding authorize user

Hi, I have a question of authorize user my doesn't have a fico score she has only one secured credit card and a jewelry store credit card but she only has 2 months with it now to my question how does it work on an authorize user?? I have a credit card with 500.00 limit and a balance of 9.00
Does the credit card company needs her social to add her to my card ??
Thanks
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question regarding authorize user

I think so, but Cap1 didn't do a credit check or anything when I added my wife as an AU.

Message 2 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Most Creditors can add AUs with just a name & address, they don't need SSN.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Also, once you add her and it shows on her reports, if this account has been opened for at least 6 months then she should be able to pull a FICO score.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes my cridit card is been open for over a year!!
We are trying to buy a house but she don't have a fico score yet so she can't be add it to the mortgage
She doesn't have no baddies at all so hopefully she will get to the 620 at least .
And thank you all for your response.
I'll keep you post it of what's going on.
And thank you again.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It depends on the company. The best way to find out if it'll show up on her reports is to ask the bank directly, just call them up and ask.

But I think most banks/CCCs are going to ask for an SSN now since the feds have all the rules and regulations in place.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did talk to them and they said that it will report on her credit report and cut off is on the 15th that's when they report is credit one bank!!
Thanks for for all the answers!!
Message 7 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi, I have a question of authorize user my doesn't have a fico score she has only one secured credit card and a jewelry store credit card but she only has 2 months with it now to my question how does it work on an authorize user?? I have a credit card with 500.00 limit and a balance of 9.00
Does the credit card company needs her social to add her to my card ??
Thanks

It's possible, but most creditors don't need it. I'd give them a call!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If she had no credit history, her score should be around high 600s. Probably more like 680 or so. As long as you keep her AU account in a good standing, her credit will go up to mid 700s quickly. No worries, only thing you should worry  about is that she has a very limited credit profile. Let her AU account age a little bit before applying for a mortgage loan. I hope this helped.

Message 9 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If she had no credit history, her score should be around high 600s. Probably more like 680 or so. As long as you keep her AU account in a good standing, her credit will go up to mid 700s quickly. No worries, only thing you should worry  about is that she has a very limited credit profile. Let her AU account age a little bit before applying for a mortgage loan. I hope this helped.

Not sure if they take your file in considration like that, more of how you score.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.