Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question to those got FR from Amex

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Question to those got FR from Amex

I called and left a voice mail for the csr working on my accounts. I'll followup tomorrow and provide them what they want and take next steps. I might keep one card and close other accounts. At this point I have no special desire to carry their cards. I have done this to my self and I have nothing against amex asking for the docs. I'll provide them what they want and bring things to completion,

Message 11 of 14
mross1080
Established Contributor

I just had my CSR call me back to tell me she recieved all my info that I faxed and that I would have a decision in 24 to 48 hours. Ill let everyone know how it goes. And good luck concorduser I hope it works out for you.

Message 12 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@mross1080 wrote:

I just had my CSR call me back to tell me she recieved all my info that I faxed and that I would have a decision in 24 to 48 hours. Ill let everyone know how it goes. And good luck concorduser I hope it works out for you.

And the same to you! Considering that they beg people to run everything that they can through their cards, they shouldn't be startled when people comply. Smiley Tongue Smiley Mad

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

. I am debating what I should about my accounts with Amex.  I have question to those who had FR with Amex. What is your experience and outcome? Please share your experiences

I was FR'd long, long ago when I was involved in litigation against AmEx and also stationed overseas.  According to AmEx, at first their version of the story was that the FR was random then they decided to change their story and say it was because of my continual use of my card at the same overseas Pizza Hut.  In addition they wanted an explanation as to why I used the card outside of the US for such a long continual period.  They never wanted to admit the harrassment came about because of the litigation.  Ammended my complaint to include harrassment or counsel and all of a sudden AmEx was so nice they probably would've let me FR them!

Personally, I believe asking for tax returns to be highly intrusive and totally unacceptable.  YMMV

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.