Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question to those with experience with Juniper

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question to those with experience with Juniper

I have a plain old vanilla Junny.  Most of their partner cards dont do it for me but the Emirgant Direct has caught my eye.  I know Junny is very conservative.  Would it be best to wait til I close my current Junny account (once it wont matter to utilization) and apply for the ED or apply for the ED when I'm ready to app again and try to combine?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Question to those with experience with Juniper

Juniper give a max of two cards per person, and mught be a little more careful now.  I would try calling them to convert
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:
Juniper give a max of two cards per person, and mught be a little more careful now.  I would try calling them to convert

MV how likely are they to convert?

Oh well just got my answer, they do not convert.  Don't want TWO Junny cards anymore than I want one I don't use.  Guess I'll jsut have to wait til I decrease my balances enough to close and apply for something somewhere elseSmiley Mad

Message Edited by Brammy on 08-28-2007 10:20 AM
Message 3 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Brammy wrote:

MidnightVoice wrote:

MV how likely are they to convert?

Oh well just got my answer, they do not convert.  Don't want TWO Junny cards anymore than I want one I don't use.  Guess I'll jsut have to wait til I decrease my balances enough to close and apply for something somewhere elseSmiley Mad

Message Edited by Brammy on 08-28-2007 10:20 AM

I converted two cards into one back when I had Juniper. It did take three calls though. Smiley Happy  
Message 4 of 11
VLGaffEsq
Regular Contributor

From my personal experience, Juniper (a subsidiary of Barclays) no longer wants any of its card holders to have more than one Juniper credit card.  Last week I tried to obtain a 'Barnes and Noble MC', and despite a TU score of 700 and a sterling credit history with my Juniper MC (with a $1,950 limit), I was DENIED.  I was both shocked and pissed because I got wacked with a hard inquiry also, but I understand how banks are getting much more careful with today's credit freeze taking place, literally as we speak.  Things will only get worse, expecially in the credit department, until the FED steps up to the plate and makes the necessary cut in the interst rate, hopefully at least one whole basis point!
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

My problem with Junny is that the card I have is just not competitive.  The interest rates is the highest with the exception of a upgraded Target Visa card which I use just like a store card. the balance transfer offers are laughable.  Transfer at your existing rate (16.49%) with a 3% BT fee.  Huh for 20% may as well leave it on a store card since that is the only thing they are competing with.

That plus my other issuers have spoiled me with rewards.  Though my BB MC is not much lower at 15% at least I get certificates when I purchase something. I wind up using that one more than the Junny even though the limit isn't even 20% of my Junny at 500.00 whereas Junny is almost 3K.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:
My problem with Junny is that the card I have is just not competitive.  The interest rates is the highest with the exception of a upgraded Target Visa card which I use just like a store card. the balance transfer offers are laughable.  Transfer at your existing rate (16.49%) with a 3% BT fee.  Huh for 20% may as well leave it on a store card since that is the only thing they are competing with.

That plus my other issuers have spoiled me with rewards.  Though my BB MC is not much lower at 15% at least I get certificates when I purchase something. I wind up using that one more than the Junny even though the limit isn't even 20% of my Junny at 500.00 whereas Junny is almost 3K.

Brammy,

Junny waived the annual fee for the first 2 yrs and gave me 0% APR on bal transfers for the first 6 months with the US Airways Dividend Miles card.. I had to pay the 3% fee, but by eliminating the monthly Maintenance fees and the 23.99% interest on the other cards, I will still save money so long as I pay them off in 6 months. After that I don't care because I will use my NFCU VISA with 12.99% APR for regular purchases.

BTW, I also got 15000 bonus miles for buying a hamburger and fries.
Sam
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont have an annual fee but no rewards either. I have several other cards that beat their interest rate and also give killer BTs of 0-2.99 percent.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:
I dont have an annual fee but no rewards either. I have several other cards that beat their interest rate and also give killer BTs of 0-2.99 percent.

Awesome, sounds like sock drawer or closeout for Junny.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

sleigh17 wrote:

Brammy wrote:

Awesome, sounds like sock drawer or closeout for Junny.

I'd rather keep the card for the history but with the way things are today, don't want to look to other, better creditors that I have more than they can trust me with.Smiley Sad  If I could just switch the thing to something useful or they would at least go down on the APR. I would keep it.  Oh well stops helping a whole lot after two years anyway so by the next anniversary, to the shredder it goes, if things dont change.

Afraid they wil CLD me in the meantime because I rarely use it.... Dilemas, delimas

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.