Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question

Question will you qualify more for bank cards if your have a checking account with them like Citi or Chase.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question

you may get a pre-approval when opening the account (to go along w/the hard inquiry they pull to open the account), but having a banking relationship is not a requirment.

i have cards by boa, chase, and citi and the only one that even has a branch near me is chase. sometimes a deeper relationship can make a differance on a recon call.
Message 2 of 3
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Question

@Anonymous wrote:
you may get a pre-approval when opening the account (to go along w/the hard inquiry they pull to open the account), but having a banking relationship is not a requirment.
i have cards by boa, chase, and citi and the only one that even has a branch near me is chase. sometimes a deeper relationship can make a differance on a recon call.

Here in NJ there seems to be a BofA on every corner. Chase is stepping up its presence too. As for Citi the closest one is ten miles from me. Most seem to be in Northern NJ.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.