Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about 30 Day Late Removals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions about 30 Day Late Removals

First post, long time reader though. I consider this board amongst the most useful on the internet so big thanks to everyone on here. I did some research but needed some additional tips.

My question is regarding two 30 day latest I have on my credit report from last year. I have one from GEMB/Lowes from May 2011 and one from Macy's from Nov 2011.

I tried the backdoor numbers today for both and basically stated that it was an oversight on my part and took responsibility on them. The gentlemen at Macy's said that they can't do anything cause they are required by law to report the facts. GEMB/Lowes said the same thing and that he gets a bunch of calls a day like mine. He said that I should write to the FCRA about it and see if they would remove it. I made sure it was not GEMB/Lowes that he meant (GWL).

Anyways, it was my first time calling both today and I was very polite and courteous. At this point, should I try again later or start typing up the letters? I saw that quite a few people recently had some luck with Macy's as a one time courtesy and was hoping for the same. Is it the agent that they got?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Questions about 30 Day Late Removals

You can write goodwill letter asking them to be removed.

They are not obligated to remove those lates, so YMMV.

Message 2 of 5
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@trumpet-205 wrote:

You can write goodwill letter asking them to be removed.

They are not obligated to remove those lates, so YMMV.

Agree +1...

You may have some success though... I had success with removing lates on a GEMB Chevron account back in the day, like 2006ish... basically I didn't get my statement, and didn't realize that my ex had made charges on the account. 

I paid the account in full, and asked nicely for them to remove lates...  believe it or not, they did!  

I think it never hurts to try for goodwill!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I had paid them both off right after they had gone on my account. Do they keep record of if I call in to request it, that is, if they deny the request? Both reps cited "law" in saying that they couldn't remove them. It's frustrating because based on the experience of others on this forum, this is simply not true.

Message 4 of 5
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Well they simply don't HAVE to do it based on some of us here that have had success doing it. Sorry if that came off wrong. I think you have a better chance sending letters rather calling.

Quick question though. Were you 30 days late from the due date? Not the billing date
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.