Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions about Capital One

Sorry if I am being stupid but what is the spend bonus? Maybe I overlooked that part. Like I said, I am getting myself together and learning things. I've learned things that my parents didn't even know about. They never knew anything about a hp and sp. So what I learn, I tell them. I gotta say, they really need to teach finance and credit in schools. When I was in school it was all about typing and cooking, which I still can't do very well. Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

the spend bonus is $100 cash back for first $500 spent in 90 days
Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just want to give a big Thank You to all of you. I have learned so much from reading posts concerning Capital One and even on credit cards that I don't even possess. Not only did I get an upgrade on my cc, I went ahead and bit the bullet and asked for a CLI and was approved for an additional $500 for a total of $800. I have only had the Platinum card for 2 months and I got the upgrade and CLI. $800 may not sound like a lot but for me it is since I am rebuilding and I know that $500 will help in my ulitization, which typically runs 10%. Again, thank you all for your advice.

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

you're welcome. if you need more info let us know. most of us are here to help you in your best interest.
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditdreamer wrote:

After upgrading my Platinum to a QS yesterday, I chatted this morning to see if I could get the spend bonus as a PP mentioned. Chat wouldn't do it. I might call later. I just hate talking to Capital One.

Try calling the rewards center. They seem to know a little more. They are usually more helpful in my experiences with them. They will keep you updated and even put in the request for what you are asking for. The spend bonus was the last thing I asked for and was initially declined on it after upgrading my platinum to QS. After putting in request to "back office", I was then approved for the bonus!!! Doesn't hurt to try. You may be surprised.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.