Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Cards!

tag
bigB12
Established Member

Questions about Cards!

I've recently rebuilt my credit but still have 1 remaining chargeoff on my report from 2011 and a 120 day late from 2010 that I haven't had any luck getting removed.  My EX Fico is 692, and all of my Fako scores are 700+ (not that the Fako's matter). I've been hesitant to apply for any new cards because I'd rather not risk the HP and get denied.  I was was just looking for a few opinions as to which cards I have a chance getting approved with.  I'm AAoA is 4.8yrs, 12 accounts total - 9 open. Utilization is 0% ($27 out of 44k available, most of the available credit is me being an authorized user). I have 4 inq. from an auto loan I got in January and a secured card I opened the day after.  Any advise would be appreciated.  I'm open to almost any card but would like some kind of rewards if possible.  Do you think I'll qualify, or should I wait it out a few more months?  Any specific cards you would recommend?  Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
striehl8212
Frequent Contributor

Re: Questions about Cards!

@bigB12 wrote:

I've recently rebuilt my credit but still have 1 remaining chargeoff on my report from 2011 and a 120 day late from 2010 that I haven't had any luck getting removed.  My EX Fico is 692, and all of my Fako scores are 700+ (not that the Fako's matter). I've been hesitant to apply for any new cards because I'd rather not risk the HP and get denied.  I was was just looking for a few opinions as to which cards I have a chance getting approved with.  I'm AAoA is 4.8yrs, 12 accounts total - 9 open. Utilization is 0% ($27 out of 44k available, most of the available credit is me being an authorized user). I have 4 inq. from an auto loan I got in January and a secured card I opened the day after.  Any advise would be appreciated.  I'm open to almost any card but would like some kind of rewards if possible.  Do you think I'll qualify, or should I wait it out a few more months?  Any specific cards you would recommend?  Thanks in advance.

Do you have a Discover IT card? I love mine. Great customer service to work with, SP CLI's, and 5% rotational categories is pretty good especially if it's stuff you buy. If you applied for that, I think you would stand a good chance. 

March 2014: EX 693 I EQ 672 I TU 694
September 2014: EX 721 I EQ 741 I TU 742
Message 2 of 6
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Discover, Barclays Rewards card, Capital One are some I would think of. The EX Fico isn't bad, you might even have success with Amex, too.
Message 3 of 6
bigB12
Established Member

Now that I go back, I should mention that it is Equifax Fico, not Experian Fico.  I'm not sure how different they are because I haven't pulled my EX or TU Fico from here yet.  Thanks for the info though!

Message 4 of 6
bigB12
Established Member

I'd go for a Discover, but that is who my CO is with from 2011.  I'm probably 'black listed' and would rather not attempt that. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Id go try a shopping cart trick at VitaCost or Total Rewards.

any credit union access?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.