Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Citi credit cards

tag
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Re: Questions about Citi credit cards

Enharu,In illinois they pull Equifax\

Go to Equifax Transunion Experian website and is listed there /Freeze your report and it will guide you step by step.Good luck my man

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 11 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

what happens if they try to pull EX and EX is frozen? will they go to another CRA then?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 19
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

what happens if they try to pull EX and EX is frozen? will they go to another CRA then?

No. They will ask to unfreeze or will not process the application. I think someone said they asked the executive office to pull a different bureau, but regular customer service will not. I applied with a Maryland address and they looked at Equifax, and when I used a Michigan address, they used Experian. I was denied on Equifax because of about 14 or so inquiries but they approved two when they looked at Experian that had a little more inquiries on it.

Message 13 of 19
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Citi pulled both EX and TU for my application.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 14 of 19
Open123
Super Contributor

For me in Northern CA, Citi has always pulled Ex.

Message 15 of 19
mirachi
Regular Contributor

Citi pulled Experian for both my Dividend & Forward cards (NY).

Last app 5/7/2014

No apps until 3/31/2016!
Message 16 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@enharu wrote:

No. They will ask to unfreeze or will not process the application. I think someone said they asked the executive office to pull a different bureau, but regular customer service will not. I applied with a Maryland address and they looked at Equifax, and when I used a Michigan address, they used Experian. I was denied on Equifax because of about 14 or so inquiries but they approved two when they looked at Experian that had a little more inquiries on it.

ah i see. do you know where can i find the EO office contact info? I the backdoor numbers thread, but didn't see anything there.

so is it worth it to freeze my ex report and see if they're willing to process my app based upon my TU/EQ? I do not plan to unfreeze it no matter what, so worst case scenario I'll deal with a rejection. So it only takes 10-15mins to freeze and unfreeze as well?

Thanks a lot everyone!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 19
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

EQ and EX here in NV.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 18 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

thanks a lot for the info! 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.