Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Macy's Special Accounts

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Questions about Macy's Special Accounts

@SunriseEarth wrote:

It may not report at all.   I opened a Special Events line with Macy's for a mattress purchase.  I spent about $800 on a $2900 CL.  So far, this account has not reported to the CRs and it's been about 3 months.  I'm totally fine with that.  

Mine pretty much did the same thing.  I purchased a bunch of furniture items ($900) and there was a special promo going on during July so the associate insited on placing it on my Special Events account - so I did.  I would have PIF even before the statement cut but decided to test the waters to see how it would report yet nothing showed up.  The account cycled twice and nothing on CRAs (I just PIF last week).  I found it interesting almost like buying invisible furniture.

Message 11 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Purchased bedroom furniture in May, delivered in June - still hasn't reported

Message 12 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

You bring up another good point on this Lexie.  So I wonder why the revolver portion reports but the SE account type does not.  Not complaining of course.

Message 13 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

You bring up another good point on this Lexie.  So I wonder why the revolver portion reports but the SE account type does not.  Not complaining of course.

Me either. 

Message 14 of 18
credit_challenged09
Regular Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Me either. 

I bought my furniture in November but wasn't delivered until January.  They won't bill you until the furniture has been delivered.  so if you have a special term, it woon't begin until after the furniture has been delivered from what I was told by Macys.  So my date to pay off my furniture was Jan/Feb 2015.

FICO Scores: (EX-735-11/12) EQ-757-12/03 (TU-750-11/12)
Discover FICO: 756 - 12/17 Walmart FICO: 750-1/06
USAA FAKO: EX-742 EQ-761 TU-761

Macys $7.2k - NFCU $24k - Discover $6.8k - Cap One $3500 - Nordstrom $3.5k - Wells Fargo $1k - Walmart $4.5k- The Limited $2.5k- Victoria's Secret $2.2k- Bloomingdales $2k- JCP $700
Message 15 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@credit_challenged09 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Me either. 

I bought my furniture in November but wasn't delivered until January.  They won't bill you until the furniture has been delivered.  so if you have a special term, it woon't begin until after the furniture has been delivered from what I was told by Macys.  So my date to pay off my furniture was Jan/Feb 2015.

Furniture was already delivered and charges were posted eons ago credit_challenged09, and 2 statements have been cut.  Hence the reason why this topic was brought up - again no issue just seems a rather interesting reporting (or non-reporting) method for the SE account. 

Message 16 of 18
credit_challenged09
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@credit_challenged09 wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Me either. 

Furniture was already delivered and charges were posted eons ago credit_challenged09, and 2 statements have been cut.  Hence the reason why this topic was brought up - again no issue just seems a rather interesting reporting (or non-reporting) method for the SE account. 

Yeah.. mine never reported although i did inquire.  

FICO Scores: (EX-735-11/12) EQ-757-12/03 (TU-750-11/12)
Discover FICO: 756 - 12/17 Walmart FICO: 750-1/06
USAA FAKO: EX-742 EQ-761 TU-761

Macys $7.2k - NFCU $24k - Discover $6.8k - Cap One $3500 - Nordstrom $3.5k - Wells Fargo $1k - Walmart $4.5k- The Limited $2.5k- Victoria's Secret $2.2k- Bloomingdales $2k- JCP $700
Message 17 of 18
taxi818
Super Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

It may not report at all.   I opened a Special Events line with Macy's for a mattress purchase.  I spent about $800 on a $2900 CL.  So far, this account has not reported to the CRs and it's been about 3 months.  I'm totally fine with that.  

My regular macys had not reported since May Bevin I had 200 balance and paid very month. Nothing zilch   I not owe 40 now. Was trying to see if they report.  If they don't sock draw time until next year. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.