Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Ritz Carlton Card

tag
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

Questions about Ritz Carlton Card

Ok, so I got the package today and was really impressed!!!! Card is super heavy, and let me tell you AMEX needs to step up thier platinum card presentation!!!! So questions I have are the following: 1.) My rewards number isn't listed on the back of the card, so I'm not sure if it should be or shouldn't be. 2.) I notice I still have a Marriott account and I still have a Ritz account, which one should be active and which one shouldn't? 3.) I know others have mentioned their certificates and such and member status has changed. I don't see anything like that on my accounts, it just says Member and everything is 0, should I call Ritz or Marriott or Chase, or does it take time from when purchases are made?
Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions about Ritz Carlton Card

You will need to call. In my experience, gold status was obtained as soon as ritz/Marriott approved the card. Once the account was gold, the card was sent via next day air.

Once you have the card associated with an account, you can request a new card with all the details on the back.
Message 2 of 3
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Re: Questions about Ritz Carlton Card

@waynes1982 wrote:
Ok, so I got the package today and was really impressed!!!! Card is super heavy, and let me tell you AMEX needs to step up thier platinum card presentation!!!! So questions I have are the following: 1.) My rewards number isn't listed on the back of the card, so I'm not sure if it should be or shouldn't be. 2.) I notice I still have a Marriott account and I still have a Ritz account, which one should be active and which one shouldn't? 3.) I know others have mentioned their certificates and such and member status has changed. I don't see anything like that on my accounts, it just says Member and everything is 0, should I call Ritz or Marriott or Chase, or does it take time from when purchases are made?

In my experience, my Marriott status updated to Gold within 3days of my approval and the upgrade certificates were instantly issued on the Marriott account. Both Chase and Marriott should be involved in getting this fixed with greater responsibility on Chase. I also suspect the reason why yours never changed to gold maybe cos u have Marriott and Ritz membership and if I remember correctly u can only belong to one of the programs. So you will have to make either Marriott or Ritz your primary membership. Once everything has been attached to your account, call JPM executive and they will overnight u a replacement card with ur Reward number on it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.