Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about Sony Card

tag
FrostDragon
Established Member

Questions about Sony Card

I was browsing the Sony website yesterday looking at the PS4 and I saw it mention a Sony Card. I had to check it out. The Sony website says you get a $100 credit after your first purchase if you make your first purchase within 90 days. I checked all over the app to see if there are other rules about the $100 credit but saw none. I figured I'd pay netflix with the card then get the $100 credit and put it towards the PS4. So I did the app and it said instant approval for $3,000 limit. 

Today I wandered over to the Capital One website (who the card is through) and it says you get 5,000 points after your first purchase and they can only be redeemed at the sonyrewards website. I don't see a PS4 available on sonyrewards so I'm thinking my plan isn't going to work out. 

Is it because I did the app directly on the Sony website that mine doesn't mention points? Can they really say $100 credit and then just give you points for a website that doesn't have what you want? I'm gonna feel stupid if its just points. Plus I'd be pretty angry at Sony and would likely end up with an xbone. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Questions about Sony Card

Here's the verbiage from the Sony website:

* In order to receive your $100 credit you must make at least one purchase within 90 days of account opening. The credit will appear on your monthly Sony Card statement within 8-12 weeks of your first purchase. To be eligible for the statement credit, the account must be open and in good standing at the time the credit will be applied to the account. This statement credit will not count as a payment to your account. Please continue to make your minimum payments.
Limited time offer is for new Sony Card accounts only and is not available on existing accounts. Credit approval required. Terms and conditions apply. The Sony Card is issued by Capital One, N.A., pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A., Inc.

From all appearances, its a statement credit.
Message 2 of 13
FrostDragon
Established Member

So it sounds like I can use it for anything I want then? 

I'm still fairly new to credit cards. I've just never seen one like this where Capital one says one thing and Sony says another.

Message 3 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I believe the $100 is a sign up bonus. The points are business as usual. I always take a screenshot for sign up bonuses 'check in case' Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 13
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Dragon,

I got my sony reward visa 2 months ago and only received 5,000 points (the points do show up in my account pre quick, i must say)

approved for 500......

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 5 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@bk510

Was the $100 sign up bonus offered when you applied?
Message 6 of 13
john398
Senior Contributor

I think when I got the card it was $250 but that was serveral years ago, but they gave me one of my highest limits and I had 2 other Capital One cards

Message 7 of 13
FrostDragon
Established Member

Yup. the $100 credit was stated right there on the Sony website with an app button. I wouldn't have apped if it  said 5,000 points at sonyrewards website. If its not a legit $100 credit I'm gonna make a call because I think that's bit of false advertising. I WANT to give the money right back to Sony by buying the PS4 lmao if they say I can't.

Message 8 of 13
FrostDragon
Established Member

@bk510

When you signed up did it say the bonus would be points? Or were they saying $100 credit back then?

Message 9 of 13
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Lexie.

no, just 50 box....havent used it yet.

and the 1 thing i noticed is that when u go to sonyreward website, most of their redeeming items are high as hell.....LOL

i guess dats y i havent redeemed my points yet......

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.