Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about approval process

tag
cet2062
Valued Member

Questions about approval process

I've gotten so many "pre-screened" offers from Discover and Citi, so the other day I decided.. why not? I hadn't applied for anything in a while and I am very unhappy with my current major card right now so I figured I'd go ahead. I went with the offers I got, the Discover More for Students, and also the Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa for students. 

Both of them have been denied..

Well the Discover More card was not out right denied, but asked for a co-signer.

And the Citi app told me i had too many inquiries.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is anyway around the "co-signer" part as I don't have one and I've also got two other cards without one? Also, if anyone has ever received the same message from Citi, how many is too many? I've never done a "recon" before but am seriously considering it for the Citi card.. because that was the only reason they stated and that to me seems pretty weird.

Also, I went to the website for Discover and did the pre-approval proess and was actually given instructions to apply for just the "discover student card" so not the Discover more? Why would that be if they just denied me for the more card and also, is there a way I could call and they could just check to see if I'd be qualifed for that without pulling another hard pull? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: Questions about approval process

call the back door numbers

Message 2 of 6
Juan123
Established Contributor

isnt there only 1 discover student card and thats the discover more student card?!?! i'd call the backdoor number for the citibank application... how many INQ's did you actually have?

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 3 of 6
cet2062
Valued Member

What is the backdoor number for discover, the one on the main forum was what I called to check my status. When I ask for recon how exactly is it done? 

Message 4 of 6
Juan123
Established Contributor

well. just ask if they reconsider applications that have been denied.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 5 of 6
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Discover: 888-676-3695 (Recon)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.