cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about being added as an authorized user.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions about being added as an authorized user.

I asked my mother to add me to her oldest credit card (16 year old account and $10,000 limit with 0% - 5% utilization mostly). I told her that she didn't even have to physically give me the card, that I just wanted to be added to help out my credit score.

Anyways... my question(s) are.

Do I even have to activate the card, once it arrives in order for it to report to MY credit report?

Do I ever physically have to buy anything/pay it off in order for it to report to my credit report?

Or was just simply adding my name to the account good enough to recive the benifit from it?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions about being added as an authorized user.

@Anonymous wrote:

I asked my mother to add me to her oldest credit card (16 year old account and $10,000 limit with 0% - 5% utilization mostly). I told her that she didn't even have to physically give me the card, that I just wanted to be added to help out my credit score.

Anyways... my question(s) are.

Do I even have to activate the card, once it arrives in order for it to report to MY credit report? - No

Do I ever physically have to buy anything/pay it off in order for it to report to my credit report?- No

Or was just simply adding my name to the account good enough to recive the benifit from it? - Yes

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions about being added as an authorized user.

Awesome. Thank you.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.