Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about new CCs and app spree

tag
Royal_Flush
Valued Member

Questions about new CCs and app spree

I've listed some questions below that I have regarding new CCs and an app spree.

• If I want a Visa Signature or World MasterCard, do I have to apply via phone? (I've researched and it seems companies don't automatically give you a VS or WMC even with a $5k starting limit.)
  • If I want expedited shipping, do I have to apply via phone, or just follow up via phone after the application? (My scores will be updating on the 22nd so I'll apply on that date, and I plan to travel that weekend on the 25th, and would like to have the new cards for travel purchases)
  • Is the order of my cards in my app spree ok? Amex PRG, Amex BCP, Discover IT, Chase SP (WMC), Chase Freedom (WMC), Citi Dividend (VS)

*Advice and general tips are appreciated

(For anyone who remembers my old posts; (Update) I received a CLI on my CU Visa to $10k and I'm waiting for it to update on my reports along with 0% utlization.)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Questions about new CCs and app spree

Bump
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 4
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Royal_Flush wrote:

I've listed some questions below that I have regarding new CCs and an app spree.

• If I want a Visa Signature or World MasterCard, do I have to apply via phone? (I've researched and it seems companies don't automatically give you a VS or WMC even with a $5k starting limit.) Not necessarily. I got a Visa Siggy with an online app.
  • If I want expedited shipping, do I have to apply via phone, or just follow up via phone after the application? (My scores will be updating on the 22nd so I'll apply on that date, and I plan to travel that weekend on the 25th, and would like to have the new cards for travel purchases) Depends on the card. Some don't offer expedited shipping at all. Some do it automatically. Some offer it as an extra-cost option upon approval of your app. Play this one by ear, but you may have to call after apping to get it done.
  • Is the order of my cards in my app spree ok? Amex PRG, Amex BCP, Discover IT, Chase SP (WMC), Chase Freedom (WMC), Citi Dividend (VS) Looks good to me, expecially putting the Amexes first, but there are other people here who are more expert on that aspect of your questions.

(For anyone who remembers my old posts; (Update) I received a CLI on my CU Visa to $10k and I'm waiting for it to update on my reports along with 0% utlization.)

Message 3 of 4
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

@Royal_Flush wrote:

• If I want a Visa Signature or World MasterCard, do I have to apply via phone? (I've researched and it seems companies don't automatically give you a VS or WMC even with a $5k starting limit.) It wouldn't matter how you applied. I've been approved for VS's via phone & online.
  • If I want expedited shipping, do I have to apply via phone, or just follow up via phone after the application? (My scores will be updating on the 22nd so I'll apply on that date, and I plan to travel that weekend on the 25th, and would like to have the new cards for travel purchases) It doesn't matter if you apply via phone or online, it just depends on who the CC is with. Some will offer it if you ask, some don't offer it at all, & some do it automatically.
  • Is the order of my cards in my app spree ok? Amex PRG, Amex BCP, Discover IT, Chase SP (WMC), Chase Freedom (WMC), Citi Dividend (VS) If you get approved for the PRG, apply for the BCP immediately right after. Literally a second after you see the, "You've been apporved for the PRG," screen. Only thing I would change is apply for the Dividend after the SP, then the Freedom last. Because Citi is known to get inquiry sensitive especially if all the inquiries are in the same day. If approved for the SP, Chase may use the same pull for your Freedom application. That's what they did for me but it's been different for other members on here. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.