Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about new cc laws and apping

tag
markymark313
Valued Member

Questions about new cc laws and apping

Hello,

I'm 20 years old and I would like to apply for a new credit card. I've had only one visa card by chase bank since I was 18. Started with a 500 limit and am now at 2,500. My TU score is a 718 and I'd like to upgrade this card to the chase freedom. Would I need a cosigner for this or anything else? I really need a higher limit and promotional apr that comes with this card.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Questions about new cc laws and apping

product changes within Chase if it's available on your current card are no credit check. just call and ask customer service if you can pc
Message 2 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

i read somewhere that chase is going to be making changes (again) to the freedom, so you may want to investigate before apping.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@markymark313 wrote:

Hello,

I'm 20 years old and I would like to apply for a new credit card. I've had only one visa card by chase bank since I was 18. Started with a 500 limit and am now at 2,500. My TU score is a 718 and I'd like to upgrade this card to the chase freedom. Would I need a cosigner for this or anything else? I really need a higher limit and promotional apr that comes with this card.

Good on ya! Just know that the new credit card laws weren't written for you and keep up the good work. I cannot promise this to be true but my guess is that you are only asking for a product change and not a new card. I'm betting they might listen. Hope your balance is very low before you ask.
Message 4 of 7
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

My understanding is that you need to show income or have cosigner to get increased CL.
Message 5 of 7
markymark313
Valued Member

Ok, so I'm a big dummy and couldn't wait for your replies and applied for it. I didn't know I could ask for a product change. I applied on 2/25 and have been calling everyday to check on the status of my application. They say it's processing and under review, it will take 7-10 days. So now my questions are, if I get denied can I still ask for a product change? I know I messed up because now they pulled my credit report and can see my history which shows some balances but all of them have been paid off but probably won't be updated until next month.
Message 6 of 7
markymark313
Valued Member

If I get approved, I'll have two cards now, right? My slate card will be unactive because there is no reason for me to use it and I do not want to close it and lose the history as it is my first credit card. Can I combine them?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.