Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the Discover it card

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Questions about the Discover it card

@MissCredit9

Discovers acceptance by businesses has increased. I have been told no twice in the time I have had mine. Oddly enough, those were the same restaurants that did not a except Amex either.
Message 11 of 15
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

@Lexie. I think it varies alot based on your city/state. Alot of cash only restaurants in NYC of those that accept cc's few accept AMEX and even fewer accept Discover. At least as far as mom/pop type establishments go.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 12 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@MissCredit9

I agree. It was while on my trip to NY that I encountered my 'nos'. Smiley Frustrated
Message 13 of 15
eddie84
Valued Contributor

I have at least 3 - 4 places around here that don't take Amex or Discover and I'm in L.A.! Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Me too. However the larger 'chain-like' restaurants and businesses take both.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.