Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the fidelity 2% visa

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Questions about the fidelity 2% visa

Do they match the offer of $100 after 500 spent? Because I just got approved and revived my card but I don’t use the link for the $100 offer..

Also I also applied for the PayPal 2% card a while back and revived a letter saying that they couldn’t approve me because my last application has already been approved???? What are they talking about the PayPal extras of about a year ago?
7 REPLIES 7
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Re: Questions about the fidelity 2% visa

There's an offer for the Fidelity CC? I was looking to add this to my lineup, especially since Fidelity is my main bank, but when I checked a few weeks ago, I didn't see any bonus offers. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah here’s the link.
https://www.fidelity.com/go/rewards-visa-signature
It should take you to the $100 offer.

You mentioned fidelity is your main bank ? How do you deal with the long time it takes for funds to be available? I have a cash management with them for the reason that I wanted to try them out but I was disappointed with the hold times.. well compared to my alliant bank account where cash and checks are available right away, 24/7.
Message 3 of 8
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Thanks for the link! 

What do you consider a long time? I actually love Fidelity because of how quickly they make my money available to me, compared to my other banks, PNC and Chase. Especially when doing a bank transfer. I think it would be hard to beat Alliant if they make cash available immediately though. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, use the link above!  I got this card last year and it's been awesome!!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean the time they make the funds available to withdraw or spend, I opened a account a few months ago and deposited a small check of about $1000 and they revived and accepted the check but my funds weren’t “availible” until like 5 days later..... maybe it was because It’s a fairly new account ...

As for the alliant CU I was surprised that everything was available immediately when deposited cash or check, I do remember that there was a couple days of hold on the cash deposits but not anymore apperantly it’s immediately.... maybe because I use the same credit union every time to deposit money so they “know it’s me” I guess lol I’m going to try another atm to deposit money to see if it’s the same.
Message 6 of 8
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I mean the time they make the funds available to withdraw or spend, I opened a account a few months ago and deposited a small check of about $1000 and they revived and accepted the check but my funds weren’t “availible” until like 5 days later..... maybe it was because It’s a fairly new account ...

As for the alliant CU I was surprised that everything was available immediately when deposited cash or check, I do remember that there was a couple days of hold on the cash deposits but not anymore apperantly it’s immediately.... maybe because I use the same credit union every time to deposit money so they “know it’s me” I guess lol I’m going to try another atm to deposit money to see if it’s the same.

you are soo right. I've had my CMA with them for more than 3 years and yes it takes like 4 business days for funds from check deposit to be made available. The only thing I love is the unlimited reimbursement for ATM withdrawal fees.

Message 7 of 8
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

you are soo right. I've had my CMA with them for more than 3 years and yes it takes like 4 business days for funds from check deposit to be made available. The only thing I love is the unlimited reimbursement for ATM withdrawal fees.

Wow, I never noticed this, but you're right. I always assumed because it would notify me of the transfer/deposit, that that meant it was available. I just checked, and even though I received notice that a transfer from Chase was complete on Thursday, the funds are still not available. I never needed the funds immediately, so it went unnoticed. Kinda weird they would email that the transfer was initiated, and then again when it's complete, but it's not really complete because the funds aren't available.

ETA:

So, checked yet again today and funds still not available. I've done several ETF transfers to my fidelity account, and because they always would send out these quick funds received, I thought the funds were available that quick. This is the first time I've actually needed the transferred funds now. Here's the email they send out, which I'm now inclined to think is ridiculous. Because NONE of the funds are available even though it's been days. A bank would at least make some of the funds available if you've had an account with them for a certain period of time. I've had this account for over a year and they have my 401k. Time to find a new main bank or maybe it's time for a CU. 

"The Electronic Funds Transfer from your JPMORGAN CHASE checking account ending in **** in the amount of ******* was received on 10/05/17."

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.