Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions for DCU credit card holders

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Questions for DCU credit card holders

Can you do an auto pay online to pay the statement balance monthly? How's their Visa Platinum Rewards Card? Does it have foreign transaction fee? Can you redeem points for cash or credits? Do they have Visa Signature? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Questions for DCU credit card holders

1. Yes
2. Not worth it IMO. the rate is higher and the rewards are meh.
3. Yes
4. No
Message 2 of 9
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

What's the rates of their FTF?

Message 3 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Foreign Currency Transaction:
Conversion Fee: 2%. Conveyance in US Funds Fee (no conversion necessary) 0.80%.
Message 4 of 9
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

"No Fee or Higher Rate for Cash Advances – Cash advances are free! Get advances 24-hours a day from any ATM displaying the Visa logo or by calling DCU or through Online Banking. Easily transfer money to any of your DCU Savings or Checking accounts or have a check mailed to you. Plus, we offer cash advances up to $200 per day at participating hotels."

Does it mean I can use their credit card(s) to withdraw money like a debit card?

Message 5 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Yes, you will pay interest immediately. No grace period on Cash Advances or BT
Message 6 of 9
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

"No Fee or Higher Rate for Cash Advances – Cash advances are free! Get advances 24-hours a day from any ATM displaying the Visa logo or by calling DCU or through Online Banking. Easily transfer money to any of your DCU Savings or Checking accounts or have a check mailed to you. Plus, we offer cash advances up to $200 per day at participating hotels."

Does it mean I can use their credit card(s) to withdraw money like a debit card?

Sounds like you'd be interested in Discover Cash Over: https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/help-center/faqs/cash-over.html

Message 7 of 9
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

No, not at all but thank you for the link though. I want to get the free FICO from DCU and need to qualify for the plus checking. I don't and won't DD with them. That's why I am looking at their CC. Really don't want to get 6 CC total if I can avoid it. Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 9
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Can you pay the statement balance automatically with an external checking?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.