cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions for Fidelity Amex cardholders...

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Questions for Fidelity Amex cardholders...

I've had the card 18 months, use it quite a bit and don't remember more than 1 fraud alert.   Certainly no more than other cards

Message 11 of 24
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I've had the card 18 months, use it quite a bit and don't remember more than 1 fraud alert.   Certainly no more than other cards

Good to know!  Were you surprised by the transaction that resulted in a fraud alert or was it something outside of your normal spending that might raise suspicion?

Message 12 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@celluloid17 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Good to know!  Were you surprised by the transaction that resulted in a fraud alert or was it something outside of your normal spending that might raise suspicion?

Actually, looking at my statements even better!  The one I remember was actually a rejection on the Citi TYP, where I was attempting to buy a Vanilla Reload at an out of state CVS (on a business trip).    When that failed, I put it on my Fidelity Amex, and it went through with no problem.

Message 13 of 24
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Actually, looking at my statements even better!  The one I remember was actually a rejection on the Citi TYP, where I was attempting to buy a Vanilla Reload at an out of state CVS (on a business trip).    When that failed, I put it on my Fidelity Amex, and it went through with no problem.

Thank you so much for taking the time to check that out.  I love reading about people's real life experiences with cards and I'm glad to know that you haven't had any issues with the Fidelity Amex.  This only makes me want the card that much more!

Message 14 of 24
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

As long as we are throwing out questions about amex fidelity. I have an question on odds of approval , I was looking at boa approval site, they couldnt seem to find anything for me. Is the UW the same for boa and amex fidelity. I thought I read somewhere that used same UW but I wasn't sure.

Just an little background info on my car,no baddies at the moment. I pulled experian score from here and got 780, according to sw eq is 802, discover/Walmart tu fico is 807. Just really curious what odds are I don't plan on apping probably July at earliest, I would rather wait till October if I had a choice.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 15 of 24
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

As long as we are throwing out questions about amex fidelity. I have an question on odds of approval , I was looking at boa approval site, they couldnt seem to find anything for me. Is the UW the same for boa and amex fidelity. I thought I read somewhere that used same UW but I wasn't sure.

Just an little background info on my car,no baddies at the moment. I pulled experian score from here and got 780, according to sw eq is 802, discover/Walmart tu fico is 807. Just really curious what odds are I don't plan on apping probably July at earliest, I would rather wait till October if I had a choice.

There is no pull for the CMA on the CC app.  My scores are similar to yours, so you have no reason to worry about not being approved.  The question may be do you have other BoA CLs?  They do have an internal limit and since the UW is the same for BoA, Fidelity and Merrill Lynch cards they combine the lmits against your internal score.  I have a BoA BBR, Fidelity AMEX, and Merrill Lynch + cards and was told my most likely course of action if requesting a CLI would be to shift CLIs between the cards.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 16 of 24
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@BigBS wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

There is no pull for the CMA on the CC app.  My scores are similar to yours, so you have no reason to worry about not being approved.  The question may be do you have other BoA CLs?  They do have an internal limit and since the UW is the same for BoA, Fidelity and Merrill Lynch cards they combine the lmits against your internal score.  I have a BoA BBR, Fidelity AMEX, and Merrill Lynch + cards and was told my most likely course of action if requesting a CLI would be to shift CLIs between the cards.

I don't have any open boa accounts I had an boa back on 2005, but that's about it. Only cards I have now are a bcp,Costco,qs,Walmart store card, freedom ,and an IT. I thought best way to gauge my approval  odds would be thru boa pre approval site . I don't like not being sure about my chances.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 17 of 24
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Just because you don't have pre approval doesn't mean you won't be approved. From your profile it looks like you should have good chances.

What I've always heard is getting an online pre approval doesn't mean you will be approved.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 18 of 24
vpae
Established Contributor

@celluloid17 wrote:

Here's a few questions for Fidelity Amex (and Visa) cardholders:

How prevalent is your card declined due to FIA's aggressive fraud monitoring??  There are quite a few reviews on the actual Fidelity site of people having their cards declined for simple, low cost purchases that seem to trigger their overly sensitive fraud detection algorithm.  This would seem quite embarrassing having your card declined frequently at random.  Also, there are lots of reports of them flat out cancelling cards without warning because of them potentially being "compromised" and you only learn of this either when you go to use it and the card is declined or when you simply receive a new one in the mail with a new account number.  Has this happened to anyone here??  

I'm very interested in obtaining this card at some point in the near future and would like to use it for some general purchases and auto bill pay, but I'd hate to have a bill that I presume is being charged automatically end up getting declined because of some glitch in the FIA system and then find myself delinquent on a bill payment.

For those that didn't have an account with Fidelity before app'ing for this card, did you end up opening a Cash Management Account and if so, is there a minimum required balance to open one and keep it open?

Thanks in advance!

Smiley Happy

I've had the card since August 2013, I haven't had a single fraud alert issue.

I did get a replacemant cards suddenly sent to me like 1-2 months ago saying its for my security, but that's it.

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 19 of 24
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

I don't think you'd have any problem getting approved.  I tried my luck with the BoA preapproval site and it didn't turn up any offers for me, but I app'd for the Better Balance Rewards anyway and was approved instantly with a nice limit ($5k) and my scores are about 20 points south of yours.  I also don't have a current banking relationship with BoA.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.