cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions for Fidelity Amex cardholders...

tag
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Re: Questions for Fidelity Amex cardholders...

@vpae wrote:

I've had the card since August 2013, I haven't had a single fraud alert issue.

I did get a replacemant cards suddenly sent to me like 1-2 months ago saying its for my security, but that's it.

Thank you for that!  In some respects, their hypervigilance is kind of comforting!

Message 21 of 24
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@celluloid17 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

As long as we are throwing out questions about amex fidelity. I have an question on odds of approval , I was looking at boa approval site, they couldnt seem to find anything for me. Is the UW the same for boa and amex fidelity. I thought I read somewhere that used same UW but I wasn't sure.

Just an little background info on my car,no baddies at the moment. I pulled experian score from here and got 780, according to sw eq is 802, discover/Walmart tu fico is 807. Just really curious what odds are I don't plan on apping probably July at earliest, I would rather wait till October if I had a choice.

I don't think you'd have any problem getting approved.  I tried my luck with the BoA preapproval site and it didn't turn up any offers for me, but I app'd for the Better Balance Rewards anyway and was approved instantly with a nice limit ($5k) and my scores are about 20 points south of yours.  I also don't have a current banking relationship with BoA.

That's good to know ,I think I am going to wait till some of my HP reach one year anniversary then I may think about applying. Its very tempting this card though,

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 22 of 24
celluloid17
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@celluloid17 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

As long as we are throwing out questions about amex fidelity. I have an question on odds of approval , I was looking at boa approval site, they couldnt seem to find anything for me. Is the UW the same for boa and amex fidelity. I thought I read somewhere that used same UW but I wasn't sure.

Just an little background info on my car,no baddies at the moment. I pulled experian score from here and got 780, according to sw eq is 802, discover/Walmart tu fico is 807. Just really curious what odds are I don't plan on apping probably July at earliest, I would rather wait till October if I had a choice.

I don't think you'd have any problem getting approved.  I tried my luck with the BoA preapproval site and it didn't turn up any offers for me, but I app'd for the Better Balance Rewards anyway and was approved instantly with a nice limit ($5k) and my scores are about 20 points south of yours.  I also don't have a current banking relationship with BoA.

That's good to know ,I think I am going to wait till some of my HP reach one year anniversary then I may think about applying. Its very tempting this card though,

That's a wise decision if you can resist the urge to app!Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 24
12njoy
Super Contributor

@celluloid17 wrote:

Here's a few questions for Fidelity Amex (and Visa) cardholders:

How prevalent is your card declined due to FIA's aggressive fraud monitoring??  There are quite a few reviews on the actual Fidelity site of people having their cards declined for simple, low cost purchases that seem to trigger their overly sensitive fraud detection algorithm.  This would seem quite embarrassing having your card declined frequently at random.  Also, there are lots of reports of them flat out cancelling cards without warning because of them potentially being "compromised" and you only learn of this either when you go to use it and the card is declined or when you simply receive a new one in the mail with a new account number.  Has this happened to anyone here??  

I'm very interested in obtaining this card at some point in the near future and would like to use it for some general purchases and auto bill pay, but I'd hate to have a bill that I presume is being charged automatically end up getting declined because of some glitch in the FIA system and then find myself delinquent on a bill payment.

For those that didn't have an account with Fidelity before app'ing for this card, did you end up opening a Cash Management Account and if so, is there a minimum required balance to open one and keep it open?

Thanks in advance!

Smiley Happy

I recently opened up a Fidelity Visa Sig card (initially was an Amex then I did PC).  I haven't used the card but to do a $1,000 balance transfer.  They have been very generous with the cli so far.  After only less than a month I have went from $5,000-$10,000 and $10,000-$12,500.  This was two HP's (one for initial app and one for both cli).

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.